Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alisitchy

Differin Adapalene non-localised itching over body

I began using differin on my face and became unbearably itchy over my body, mostly just where I have hair, esp. scalp and crotch. The side effects listed seem to refer to the area where the cream is applied, so I wasn't sure if this itching was due to it or not. Does this cream travel through your system? I suppose everything does -makes me think what else am I putting on my skin with less obvious effects? I have stopped using it and it seems to be abating... But so disappointing...

My face would sometimes be itchy from the Differin in the morning when I first woke up. It went away though after a couple of weeks. I do know that if you itch one place on your body, it makes it likely you might become itchy someplace else - it has to do with histamine and the biomechanics of what an itch is... You might try using an antihistamine like benadryl or loratadine... I know of people who've had excellent results with Zyrtec, which is non-sedating. Differin is actually really, really effective for a lot of people - myself included - you just have to stick with it and use it consistently... My skin has never looked so healthy as it does now, and I've only been on it for a couple of months.