Notifications
Clear all

Not sure if I am doing the right things to my skin

MemberMember
(@hopingforsuccess)

Posted : 04/13/2017 7:38 pm

I have moderate acne with combination skin. (Dry, Oily, and Sensitive) I am a 15 year old boy. In the morning, I shower and at the end let cold water run over my face for about 30 seconds. I then get a soft washcloth and gently try to rub all of the white stuff/dead skin off my face. (my face looks horrible if I don't) Then, I moisturize with CeraVe lotion. At night, I pat my face with a washcloth in lukewarm water, then apply 2.5% BP to my entire face, wait 20 minutes and then apply CeraVe lotion on top of the BP.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've also noticed my skin can be pretty tight and dry around my mouth area, and that the moisturizer only works for about an hour some days. The BP keeps most of the acne off my face, right now I only have one pimple, when I miss a night of BP my entire face breaks out.

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 04/14/2017 3:12 am

I'm not a fan of BP because I believe in using natural/organic products. I don't know, some people are okay with it and some are not. But if you have other options available, in my opinion, I'd rather take that than applying chemicals on my skin.