Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
swen

Accidentally left on lidocaine cream before 1.5 mm dermarolling, any effects?

I left on the numbing cream when I rolled and I see a few raised bumps around where I just rolled. Is this a big deal or no? On the website I was following for dermarolling instructions, I didn't see it saying to remove the cream, so I missed this step.

Does anyone have advice or similar experiences?
Thanks

@swen Hopefully everything is ok, you must remove and sanitize with rubbing alcohol and or hibiclens before you needle. Getting Lido in the skin just makes it more susceptible to infection as it's not sterile. If you get no results in a day or two after, you should be fine, please clean it off next time before needling. 

18 hours ago, beautifulambition said:
@swen Hopefully everything is ok, you must remove and sanitize with rubbing alcohol and or hibiclens before you needle. Getting Lido in the skin just makes it more susceptible to infection as it's not sterile. If you get no results in a day or two after, you should be fine, please clean it off next time before needling. 
Thank you for the tips! I thought as much, it's good reassurance. So far, it's perfectly fine. Thank goodness for my immune system :P