Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] is microneedling effective in treating acne scars?

MemberMember
(@accutaneeuser)

Posted : 04/06/2017 11:35 am

i did a lot of research and found out that microneedling is much more better and safer that lasers and chemical peels. I also read positive reviews on it. So, is there anyone here who have done this treatment? was it effective?

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 04/14/2017 3:49 am

I have done it but it wasn't professionally done by a doctor; I did a few at home treatments. That was almost a year ago and I cant really see any improvement. Because of this I recommend you doing the procedure with a dermatologist, just for the first couple of treatments. Then maybe try doing it on yourself.

MemberMember
(@acnesufferer353)

Posted : 04/14/2017 9:53 pm

You could try massaging the scars to "plump" up the skin. By massaging means you have to do it in a special way. The idea is to force the collagen that stay beneath the dermis layers up to the upper layers of skin since the collagen molecules are too large to penetrate. Same theory as microneedling that to promote scar healing is to allow the collagen to pass through the dermis upto the epidermis.

I am consuming vitamin C and spirulina to assist in scar healing. My massage method is squeezing the scars several times everyday as if you wanted the squeeze something out from the skin but not too hard just enough to see blood rushing in then gradually pinch your fingers inward.

This way you will not damage the healthy skin and causes new scars by dermaroll. It is not suitable if you still have active acnes and to treat acne you have to extract the comedone as soon as possible by poking with fine tiny needle and squeeze out followed by retin-a on the tip of the needle and gently insert it into the wound several times as deep just enough and let the retin a stay "inside" of the wound . The idea is to limit the production of the sebum. This is good if you have cyst prone skin.

Well cheers and take care.

MemberMember
(@accutaneeuser)

Posted : 04/22/2017 2:20 pm

On 14/04/2017 at 9:49 AM, Grooving Till Old, Till Dust said:

I have done it but it wasn't professionally done by a doctor; I did a few at home treatments. That was almost a year ago and I cant really see any improvement. Because of this I recommend you doing the procedure with a dermatologist, just for the first couple of treatments. Then maybe try doing it on yourself.

how many times did you do it?

MemberMember

Posted : 04/22/2017 11:11 pm

8 hours ago, accutaneeuser said:
On 4/14/2017 at 3:49 AM, Grooving Till Old, Till Dust said:

how many times did you do it?

I did it 4-5times with a 1mm needle length roller. Now I have learned that 1mm is not long enough for making good improvement with acne scars.

MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 04/22/2017 11:29 pm

its total bullshit

MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 04/23/2017 12:31 pm

You'll never see before and after pics from someone who claims to have good results from needling

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/23/2017 12:39 pm

I have and I have given thousands of people advice on here. As other users have said it's the type of scarring and severity that matters. Don't use cognitive dissonance and say all of anything because it works for some people. Does it work for major scars, NO! But That is why acne scars are a multi treatment approach which varies, never one and done. Just saw amazing results with a guy who did 1.5mm microneedling and serum only on surface box cars, this is months after he stopped (not micro swelling). When your body gets cut, it refreshes itself and "heals," Thus microneedling works with the body's wounding and healing process. Is it magic, no. I have seen great results as I have consulted with many less severe cases with microneedle and tca peels. Please read my FAQ to get a better under standing of microneedling and other procedures or provide proof why microneedling does not work if you are making a claim "it does not work."

George26 and kat22 liked
MemberMember
(@accutaneeuser)

Posted : 04/23/2017 3:39 pm

2 hours ago, beautifulambition said:
@420blazeitfgtI have and I have given thousands of people advice on here. As other users have said it's the type of scarring and severity that matters. Don't use cognitive dissonance and say all of anything because it works for some people. Does it work for major scars, NO! But That is why acne scars are a multi treatment approach which varies, never one and done. Just saw amazing results with a guy who did 1.5mm microneedling and serum only on surface box cars, this is months after he stopped (not micro swelling). When your body gets cut, it refreshes itself and "heals," Thus microneedling works with the body's wounding and healing process. Is it magic, no. I have seen great results as I have consulted with many less severe cases with microneedle and tca peels. Please read my FAQ to get a better under standing of microneedling and other procedures or provide proof why microneedling does not work if you are making a claim "it does not work."

well, that's interesting. i think it might be the right choice for me since i only have those small scars that look like large pores.. im just so afraid it will make them worse as some people say

MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 04/23/2017 5:07 pm

4 hours ago, beautifulambition said:
@420blazeitfgtI have and I have given thousands of people advice on here. As other users have said it's the type of scarring and severity that matters. Don't use cognitive dissonance and say all of anything because it works for some people. Does it work for major scars, NO! But That is why acne scars are a multi treatment approach which varies, never one and done. Just saw amazing results with a guy who did 1.5mm microneedling and serum only on surface box cars, this is months after he stopped (not micro swelling). When your body gets cut, it refreshes itself and "heals," Thus microneedling works with the body's wounding and healing process. Is it magic, no. I have seen great results as I have consulted with many less severe cases with microneedle and tca peels. Please read my FAQ to get a better under standing of microneedling and other procedures or provide proof why microneedling does not work if you are making a claim "it does not work."

Its kind of up to the people claiming it does work to provide proof of it doing so, so how about linking some threads that have pictures showing actual progress from microneedling?

MemberMember

Posted : 04/23/2017 7:30 pm

2 hours ago, 420blazeitfgt said:
6 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Its kind of up to the people claiming it does work to provide proof of it doing so, so how about linking some threads that have pictures showing actual progress from microneedling?

word

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 04/23/2017 10:41 pm

I'd say it really depends from person to person. I'm no professional and I'm only using one for DIY treatment. It doesn't work instantly or like magic but I do see some improvements. I guess it really depends on how your skin would react to the products and the process itself.

Stick to the ones which work for you. ;) 

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/24/2017 2:49 am

There is questionable material in this thread, as such it is now being locked down. It's starting to take a inciting tone, if you do not like microneedling don't do it. But it has worked for countless thousands.
1) We are not your Dr, Therapist, Preacher, Plastic Surgeon, nor do we prove anything. Goto them for this, it's what they are paid to deal with.
2) We have provided White papers by big medical studies providing all of the things we recommend, the contrarians can simply search for past posts and threads, white papers, conferences with panels talking about these treatments, and first hand experience, or research to prove all the treatments work. I have seen no official studies by the naysayers with any proof they do not work in a controlled environment other than mere "feelings." Please search on Google to provide such studies.
3) We do not provide pictures, that anything works here, that is not the purpose of this sub, it is to give advice to those who have scars, pictures can obtained by doctors who pay for such services. Pictures from controlled studies are much better in their fairness of results.
4)Dr's still offer microneedling and they are board certified in treatments.
5) If you have a reason to not "like" something, please share the thought behind that, simply stating it does not work, does nothing for the community or to hep others. Feelings, do little in acne scar treatments for effective results.
6) Treatments do not work for all, different ones, work for different individuals and scar types. We only offer the treatments that have a history of working