Notifications
Clear all

Does all hyperpigmentation completely fade

MemberMember
(@alexb033)

Posted : 03/24/2017 4:22 pm

Since the age of 13 ive had severe back acne and to an extent some bad chest acne that also extends to my stomach. I am 24 now and until the age of about 22 did i have never ending acne pop up on my back and other areas in my body. Before i would have 5 + pimples on chest and stomach and about 20+ pimples on my entire back at a time. As of now i get very few spots on my chest body and back. I am now left with an entire back left with acne marks and uneven skin texture. My chest and stomach has about 5 to 10 acne marks left over from acne. Will these marks completely fade over time or will they lessen with time? 

20170324_012404.jpg

20170324_012057.jpg

20170320_161747.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/25/2017 1:08 am

On the back it will not fade as quickly, less veins. Use skin bleaching cream hydroquinone. You can also get IPL or Vbeam for brown spots. Some have tried other methods listed in our PIH section of the FAQ check it out.

https://www.acne.org/hyperpigmentation.html

MemberMember
(@skinzen)

Posted : 04/11/2017 2:24 pm

I had a few pigmented scar on my back and on my butt cheek and what helped me was the following.

1. I used everyday AHA 5% to 10% serum/toner. Wait 20 minutes as AHA needs that much time.
2. Follow with good quality vitamin c serum or antioxidant serum.

I exfoliated regularly. I also understood that skincare is not just for face but for body as well, so whatever good productI used on my face and I applied it to my problem areas.

Within a month, my pigmentation was gone and my skin look refreshed. Hope this helps.