Notifications
Clear all

Advice/suggestions please on my skin

MemberMember
(@alexuk)

Posted : 03/24/2017 6:05 am

19. Male. Sh*t for self esteem etc... BP burned my face last time I used it. I am currently using nothing. Thanks 
image.jpg

IMG_1606.JPG

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 03/26/2017 6:19 pm

Bp is very strong, what dosage did you use? Maybe try the lowest of 2.5% unless that is the one you tried. Maybe its time you saw your doctor/gp for a script for something like Doxycycline? Thats a pretty good antibiotic for acne.

MemberMember
(@nathan_np)

Posted : 03/27/2017 6:28 am

Alex,

Start simple and work your way up. Benzoyl peroxide isn't the best thing to start on, but if you do, make sure you use a good, oil-free facial moisturiser and sunscreen. Moisturising isn't just for women and, as much as I know you may not moisturise if you have oily skin, it's actually counterintuitive.

Ditch the BP and try a Glycolic product. It will help immensely with your scarring also. If you do see your GP, start with something topical as you have less adverse effects and said effects are easier to manage. Don't overdo anything that you do use and follow the instructions. Try some supplements also. See my post here http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/367537-12-year-old-girl-and-acne/ for more info and let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Nathan.