Notifications
Clear all

5 months on isotretinoin still breaking out, isotretinoin stop working?

MemberMember
(@sissi157)

Posted : 03/13/2017 6:10 pm

Hello everybody, 

my problem is, i am currently taking isotretinoin-accutane for 4 and a half months, 40 mg per day for the whole time...and i am really worried. For the first 2-3 months my skin was getting visiblybetter, stopped to be oily and all of the under-the-surface-painful-pimples and the white heads went away. I started having some side effects, like of course dry skin and lips, eyes, but also some more serious like pain in the back, stiffness of the joints, weird dry red spots on my arms and hands and so on.. but i carried on, because my skin was getting better.. now, as i started my cca 4. month, my skin is getting really crapped.. if i get a pimple, it dries faster than it would have in past, but as the elasticity of the skin is decreased and its more sensitive, the red spots that remain are far more visible and intense than before.. and what am i trying to get to is that as i started my 4.month not only my skin looks really unhealthy, but the bumps underneath the surface of the skin as well as some white-heads started to appear again at the places i used to be having them except for the forehead, that is clear.. but as i go over my cheeks (not the jaws but the area next to your nose under your eyes) with my hands i feel many painful bumps... and i am wondering if the isotretinoin COULD STOP WORKING??
please, if you have any information about this, or experience, maybe you are dealing with the same- or alike kind of a problem, please let me know... my derm is a person which .. well, i dont want to be mean.. but i have the feeling that she doesnt really care about her patients and she would say: it will clear up... ???but when, and why am i getting pimples in my 5th month if it had been relatively good for the past 2 months????? 

THANKS FOR ALL ANSWERS, i would appreciate any kind of information :)

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 03/14/2017 8:40 pm

i don't have any info but I've just started my sixth month and my face is an absolute war zone. i look fucking terrible and I'm so depressed about it because i don't think accutane is going to work for me. i have tried everything else and nothing worked so this was my last hope and ijsut don't know what to do honestly and neither does my derm

MemberMember
(@moomoocow)

Posted : 03/14/2017 11:20 pm

I've read some testimony that at the end of 6 months treatment their acne and skin condition improved. They also complained that their skin looked very sick during the treatment.