Notifications
Clear all

Hormonal acne.. Spiro 25mg anyone had good results?!

MemberMember
(@leache12)

Posted : 03/12/2017 9:39 am

Hi everyone,

I am new on here as I thought it would help me gain more understanding for acne. I am 27 years old and have been suffering with breakouts mostly for the past year. I was on Yasmin pill and had really clear skin for 10 years. I got so down about my skin that I went to see a dermatologist who said it was most likely hormonal acne. She prescribed me 25mg of spiro and I have been on this for two weeks. I know it's too soon to tell but anyone achieved spot free skin on such a low dosage? I'm worried it won't do anything!

Thanks

MemberMember
(@svuchic)

Posted : 03/15/2017 12:47 am

On 3/12/2017 at 7:39 AM, Leache12 said:

Hi everyone,

I am new on here as I thought it would help me gain more understanding for acne. I am 27 years old and have been suffering with breakouts mostly for the past year. I was on Yasmin pill and had really clear skin for 10 years. I got so down about my skin that I went to see a dermatologist who said it was most likely hormonal acne. She prescribed me 25mg of spiro and I have been on this for two weeks. I know it's too soon to tell but anyone achieved spot free skin on such a low dosage? I'm worried it won't do anything!

Thanks

I had been under the impression that 50 mg is the standard low dose for treating acne with Spiro. A lot of people on here and the net seem to be on 100 mg even. I would give it some time and see if anything changes. I actually started breaking out worse at about two and three weeks in and then it was over. My skin has been remarkably better. I did experience like 3 pimples the past week or so which sent me into freak out mode. Keeping a close eye on my skin currently.

MemberMember
(@leache12)

Posted : 03/16/2017 6:05 pm

Thank you for your response.
I think I'll have to see how it goes on the low dosage as I haven't noticed much change yet. Less painful spots though which is good. if it doesn't improve I'll have to ask to increase dosage to 50mg.
what dosage where you on?
Hope your skin clears up and it's just a blip this week!

svuchic liked
MemberMember
(@svuchic)

Posted : 03/18/2017 2:03 am

On 3/16/2017 at 4:05 PM, Leache12 said:

Thank you for your response.
I think I'll have to see how it goes on the low dosage as I haven't noticed much change yet. Less painful spots though which is good. if it doesn't improve I'll have to ask to increase dosage to 50mg.
what dosage where you on?
Hope your skin clears up and it's just a blip this week!

On 50 mg since the start which was nearly 4 months ago. Would like to keep my dosage here if possible. Have noticed some menstrual issues like spotting and my last period came within 3 weeks of the last. Hope you don't experience any of that.