Notifications
Clear all

Acne at 20?

MemberMember
(@kev1231ly)

Posted : 03/08/2017 2:15 am

Hello everyone, I was wondering if it's common to have acne at 20 for males? I've been dealing with acne every since I was 12 years old. During early puberty (12-14) I had extremely severe acne. From 15-16 my acne was under control since I was living a stress free lifestyle, with extremely healthy food choices and exercise. I was also using BP and taking Minocyline everyday. At 18 I took accutane for 4 months at 40-80mg however I relapsed. Now that I am 20 it has been stressful everyday and I don't exercise much. My acne is moderate now and I stopped using BP since I wanted another alternative. I am using tea tree oil and it does help control my acne to some extent.Many of my family told me they grew out of acne at 23-24.

I was wondering if this community can share their opinions on these questions?

1. When do most people grow out of acne?

2. Is 20-22 years old considered adult acne?

3. What is your regimen?

4. What does your diet consist of?

5. Do you ever feel anxious about acne? (I've been anxious before and it has gotten so bad I don't even get out of the house) If so, how do you cope?

6. How do prevent scarring? I have a lot of scars on my face though not too noticeable

7. Was there anything you did that really helped clear your acne?

8. Did you get facial treatment? What would you recommend?

9. Regarding scaring I heard it's possible to clear most of it through treatment (95%)? Is that true?

10. Also, would anyone recommend a good dermatologist in Toronto, Canada or Windsor, ON for future laser treatment?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 03/09/2017 12:08 pm

On 3/8/2017 at 2:15 AM, kev1231ly said:

Hello everyone, I was wondering if it's common to have acne at 20 for males? I've been dealing with acne every since I was 12 years old. During early puberty (12-14) I had extremely severe acne. From 15-16 my acne was under control since I was living a stress free lifestyle, with extremely healthy food choices and exercise. I was also using BP and taking Minocyline everyday. At 18 I took accutane for 4 months at 40-80mg however I relapsed. Now that I am 20 it has been stressful everyday and I don't exercise much. My acne is moderate now and I stopped using BP since I wanted another alternative. I am using tea tree oil and it does help control my acne to some extent.Many of my family told me they grew out of acne at 23-24.

I was wondering if this community can share their opinions on these questions?

1. When do most people grow out of acne?

2. Is 20-22 years old considered adult acne?

3. What is your regimen?

4. What does your diet consist of?

5. Do you ever feel anxious about acne? (I've been anxious before and it has gotten so bad I don't even get out of the house) If so, how do you cope?

6. How do prevent scarring? I have a lot of scars on my face though not too noticeable

7. Was there anything you did that really helped clear your acne?

8. Did you get facial treatment? What would you recommend?

9. Regarding scaring I heard it's possible to clear most of it through treatment (95%)? Is that true?

10. Also, would anyone recommend a good dermatologist in Toronto, Canada or Windsor, ON for future laser treatment?

1. I honestly don't think people outgrow acne.

2. Yes.

3. Wash with african black soap, spot treat with benzoyl peroxide 2.5%, vitamin c serum and moisturize with shea butter. Weekly mask of mint julep mask, charcoal peel off mask and the body shop tea tree oil wash scrub mask in 1.

4. I eat everyone except junk food. But mostly vegetables and high protein low carb diet. And a lot of green tea.

5. Not anymore.

6. Depends on the type of scar.

7. The acne.org regimen was what mainly cleared my acne.

10. I live in Windsor, ON as well and i've been trying to see a good dermatologist as well but i think i found the top 3. Here's a link to their info: https://threebestrated.ca/dermatologists-in-windsor-on . Tell me how it goes.

MemberMember
(@ncorona)

Posted : 10/20/2017 11:57 pm

On 08/03/2017 at 2:15 AM, kev1231ly said:

I cope by avoiding mirrors and wearing my glasses around mirrors like the plague. I also avoid harsh lighting.

Sad but true. If I had good 20/20 vision, I don't know how I'd cope.