Notifications
Clear all

Acne starting again!

MemberMember
(@rgbutler)

Posted : 03/04/2017 11:44 pm

I know my acne isn't severe by any means, but it feels severe to me. I understand my skin could be way worse and I don't want to upset anyone by complaining about what my skin looks like.

Ok, so I had acne as a teenager and went on an antibiotic (amoxicillin) and it cleared it up amazingly. 
My dermatologist told me to try to get off of it, as being on antibiotics for a long time is really bad. So I did, and it came back. It's a lot of zits that are under the skin and hurt a lot. This time, it has also spread to my neck/jawline (which never happened to me as a teenager). Also, since I am so fair, the acne leaves really red, dark scars. I'm back on my antibiotics but they don't seem to be doing ANYTHING. My forehead is covered with little bumps as well (idk how well they will show up in pics).
I don't know what to do anymore. I am making an appointment to see my dermatologist again. Last time she suggested accutane, but I really don't want to go on it because it scares me. And I don't think my acne is severe enough for accutane (even though this feels like the end of the world for my skin lol).
I have changed my diet (lost 50lbs), I don't eat junk food and I work out often. I'm not sure whats going on. The skin around my mouth and lips as well are super dry and no amount of moisturizer is helping that either. My skin is a mess right now. I avoid wearing makeup as much as possible. 

I will insert some pictures. I welcome any and all advice!
Thanks.

IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

MemberMember
(@putmeoutofmymiserynow)

Posted : 03/05/2017 12:33 am

i am here if you need someone to talk to