Notifications
Clear all

Face is only breaking out on my right cheek??

MemberMember
(@99problemsgirl)

Posted : 03/04/2017 4:52 pm

Hi everyone, I'm just new to this website although I often come here to read forums I thought I'd finally make an account for myself.

My acne isn't very bad but I get really bad breakouts nearly all the time with the occasional week my skin is nearly spot free.

My skin has recently started breaking out a lot on my right cheek, I never used to have this problem at all but until a couple of months ago I just get either a lot of tiny cluster pimples or the occasional big angry pimple with no head. I have to admit I pop my spots when they don't go down within a couple days and I know I really shouldn't because they have started to scar.

Anyway, I try everything to maintain my skin such as vitamin supplements (evening primrose, since, multivitamins etc), wash my face every morning and night with a tea tree and lemon cleanser (I am a makeup wearer and I make sure to completely remove my makeup every night) and I use skin products suitable for acne prone/sensitive and oily skin.

At night after I cleanse my face I use clearisl deep action pads and aloe Vera gel as a mask for when I sleep. I also never drink fizzy drinks almost always just water or green tea. I really don't know what it is that's causing these breakouts when I'm trying to do everything by the book.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be happening or if anyone is going through the same thing I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@skilfuljalopy)

Posted : 03/04/2017 9:48 pm

What side of your face do you sleep on? The only thing I can think is that it may be the oils that build up on your pillowcase. I sleep on one side of my bed, on one pillow for the whole night. But I have 2 pillows. So i make sure I only sleep on one side of one pillow 2 nights in a row. Then I put the right pillow on the left and the left pillow on the right. Then you can flip the pillows over and put the pillowcases inside out in order to get the most out of each pillowcase. After about 10 days, switch out the the pillow cases for new ones. Let me know if this works.

MemberMember
(@99problemsgirl)

Posted : 03/05/2017 3:54 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply, I have tried this changing my cases wherever I can and I flip them over every night, I try to fall asleep on my left but I always wake up on my right. I also tie my hair back when I sleep so the oils in my hair don't touch my face

MemberMember
(@pronarwhal)

Posted : 03/05/2017 8:12 pm

I don't think anyone would get cysticand scarring break outs for"the bacteria on their pillow case" in the first place. It might be for other reasons but stuff like pillow cases are very small things to cause acne.
I personally had a lot more break outs on my right chick. It could have been for a hormonal reason, but I remember at the end of 5 months of having break outs I was left with maybe two times more scars on the right chick than on the left.

MemberMember
(@99problemsgirl)

Posted : 03/06/2017 11:49 am

I'm suffering from the same issue at the moment, I have several acne scars on my right cheek and hardly any on my left cheek