Notifications
Clear all

Diet affects acne

MemberMember
(@emmagee)

Posted : 03/01/2017 2:46 am

Hey guys, I just wanted to talk about how my diet has helped me get clearer skin. I've suffered from cystic acne for quite a while now and have barely started to control it. After trying many acne creams, washes, and masks, I realized that the only thing left for me was to either go on Accutane or fix my diet. Long story short, I became vegan and started to see my acne clear up immensely! I no longer get huge cystic pimples like I did before and my skin is better than it has ever been. My acne isn't completely gone, but it's manageable. Before I would have pimples all day, every day, but now I only break out when I eat things that I shouldn't. This includes mainly sugar and processed foods. I'm not sure on the impact that meat has on my skin, but I am 100% sure that dairy, sugar and processed foods make me break out. If your willing to give it a try, do it for at least a month. It's definitely hard but it will be worth it if you do end up seeing results.

MemberMember
(@rachelmack)

Posted : 03/01/2017 11:59 am

It is better if you drink plenty of water everyday and do some workouts at home. Having an active and healthy lifestyle can help you to have a beautiful and glowing skin. You should eat fruits daily and wash your face regularly to avoid acne and pimples. Use natural products such as dermalmd acne serum on your skin and avoid using soap with harsh substances.

MemberMember
(@ammy_k)

Posted : 08/16/2017 7:39 am

I have acne from last 6 years. But now its much in control. Now I take care of my digestive system and dont eat things that are not good for acne. I drink a lot of water, do workout, use clean towel and change my pillow case atlest once a week. There's so much bacteria on them one really should to prevent new acne. I get disposable pillow covers from this website [Edited link out] These ones are actually disposable so super easy! They also have product in them that improves the condition of your her whilst she sleeps. I hope this will help you.