Notifications
Clear all

What type of acne scarring do I have? Clear photos inside

MemberMember
(@vent1)

Posted : 02/25/2017 2:13 am

Hello all,
I've suffered from cystic modular acne since I was 13. I'm 29 now and still suffer from it... the cycle just never ends.. it's calmed down a bit, but I still break out with cysts weekly. The scars that I have are unbearable... after I get the acne undder control I want to seek help with the scars.

can you tell me what kind of scars I have and what treatment would work best for my type of scarring?
IMG_0640.JPGIMG_0640.JPGIMG_0640.JPGIMG_0640.JPGIMG_0640.JPGIMG_0640.JPGIMG_0640.JPGIMG_0640.JPGIMG_0645.JPGIMG_0645.JPGIMG_0646.JPGIMG_0651.JPGIMG_0651.JPGIMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0642.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG

IMG_0652.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/25/2017 8:03 am

Hi there, as you know, acne must be under control for scar treatment. Otherwise it's a waste of money and will drive you mad. I would get on accutane if cysts are still a issue fore you, these cause new scars.

You have icepicks, which tca cross
I see rolling scars that need subcision and filler or subcision and cupping / vacuum.
I see Box

If treating with a derm I would do tca cross and subcision and filler. With a tca or whatever peel is appropriate for your skin type by your med spa or practitioner. Some darker skin types must doglycolic and salicylic acid.

I would microneedle or dermastamp your individual scars at home or by your practitioner.

You need to alternate acid peel, the microneedle, then again for a year or two. Remember acne scars are never one and done procedures. You can see a 50% improvement (possibly more) to keep realistic expectations with lots of treatments each will give a improvement.

We do not advocate lasers to start with as they can cause fat loss, this should be your last option, lots of practitioners love to push this $$$$.

Please look at my faq below in my signature, it has a tca section, subcision section, and microneedle section.

Мyth liked
MemberMember
(@vent1)

Posted : 03/01/2017 3:22 pm

Thanks for your help. It's so depressing. I hate these scars... feels like I'm missing out on life because I'm so ashamed of them

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 03/01/2017 7:34 pm

not scars, those holes/pits are your pores.

MemberMember
(@realhammad)

Posted : 03/02/2017 5:33 am

9 hours ago, ohhhhhhnooooooo said:

not scars, those holes/pits are your pores.

Actually scarred pores.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 03/02/2017 10:32 am

Your scars are actually not that deep. The scarring around your jawline is of the rolling type, so subcision seems like as obvious choice. Your cheeks are actually pretty good despite suffering from cystic acne for so long. I would absolutely hop on Accutane and be done with cystic acne once and for all. Six months after that, you can hit the scars.