Notifications
Clear all

Skincare after TCA cross

MemberMember
(@whoknew08)

Posted : 02/21/2017 1:39 am

Hello everyone.
I've been using TCA 25% peels for a while now with very good results. I've decided to try TCA cross on my scared pores and ice-pick scars.
Yesterday scabs fell off and my scars are deeper - I read it's normal and should look better after few weeks.
My question is: how should I treat my skin during those weeks when collagen production should do its job? I use Clarisonic daily or almost daily and I wonder - should I stop? (I don't want to make scars even deeper or somehow interrupt the process)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/21/2017 2:18 am

Yes never use a clarsonic on new scars, danger Will Robinson, Danger (movie reference). Would you clarsonic your scabs... I doubt it.

You need to be putting honey and aloe vera on them or triple antibiotic cream, some use vaseline. For a few weeks. Especially while you sleep. Use sunscreen, no exfoliation or harsh scrubs. IF you need to spot treat spot treat or over a area over a area. Some have used dilute with water white vinegar on gauze to pat the face this kills bacteria and makes it refresh itself.

Eat lots of protein this helps with collagen formation, less sugar and carbs.

imSpino and Мyth liked
MemberMember
(@whoknew08)

Posted : 02/21/2017 5:12 am

Thank you, I stopped using Clarisonic after TCA cross procedure, let scabs form, fall off etc and I was wondering should I start cleansing with it again now. I'll try something gentler then :)

MemberMember
(@extaz)

Posted : 02/21/2017 2:30 pm

Hijacking this thread. I also have performed TCA cross on a enlarged pore I have. The scabs fell off today and they scar looked bigger but  not deeper perhaps even shallower but it is definitely more noticeable than before. It's red also so it makes it appear worse I guess. Will the scar improve? I suppose it's still healing and collagen production is taking place but I'm a bit worried. Will the scar "rise" closer to the rest of the skins level? If someone could give me some answers on wether the scar will improve the coming weeks or not it would be very very much appreciated. This is the test spot I did to see how it works out before moving on to my other ice pick and box scars. Also is eating collagen "pills" and applying msm cream a good idea?

Thanks! :) 

MemberMember
(@whoknew08)

Posted : 02/21/2017 4:12 pm

I read it can take about 8 weeks for scars to start to look better. Patience :)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/22/2017 2:33 am

You will need multiple Tca Cross. It's never flat and smooth after one treatment, a little at a time.
It only rises a percentage at a time, TCA Cross takes time. Anything with acne takes time. Yes it will be red, your inducing a wound to fill that spot, in time they fade. Hopefully you are using triple antibiotic cream, honey and aloe vera, or vaseline. A wet wound is a happy wound. For redness you can use makeup after it heals. Please do not pick it or exfoliate. Never clarsonic is for quite a few weeks. Whoknew is right it can take weeks to 3 months for collagen to form.
No harsh scrubs, be careful when in the shower with these wounds, splash water don't let the stream hit it. Take antioxidants they help, vitamin c, vitamin k for bruises, arnica montana, zinc, high fiber diet. You can use retain a or skin bleaching cream if things stay red after a few months of healing.

MemberMember
(@whoknew08)

Posted : 02/23/2017 4:49 am

I wonder - after how much time can I re-do TCA cross? Scabs fell off and there isn't any redness, my scarred pores just seem deeper. I'd like to try again, but what would be a safe time period? :)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/23/2017 8:15 am

You may be doing it too often, you are supposed to do it no more than once a month. Possibly you are using to weak of TCA. If you do it often, you can make a bigger hole. Most people are red after TCA because the acid is pretty strong 50% or more. It's serious stuff. Please read these.

http://www.sunnyvalederm.com/Dr._Bernard_Recht_-_Sunnyvale_Dermatology/Dr._Recht_-_CROSS_files/CROSS paper.pdf

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/47754426_Complication_of_Cross-Technique_on_Boxcar_Acne_Scars_Atrophy

MemberMember
(@extaz)

Posted : 02/23/2017 8:21 am

Update on my TCA cross. As I mentioned earlier I did TCA cross on my enlarged deep pore I had on my forehead. I did it as a test spot before moving on to my other icepick and boxscars. Anyway the scabbed fell off 2 days ago and it looked bigger(wider, think I applied some TCA outside the scar also) at once but like I said not deeper, it almost looked a bit shallower and was very red. Now 2 days later it seems to have filled up about 50% and all I have done is kept it moist by applying cream morning and evening after shower. I'm really pleased with the result especially since it is the first time I ever did TCA and I only applied one time at the spot. Now the enlarged pore is gone and the scar is just red and is filling up slowly but nicely. :)

kat22 liked
MemberMember
(@skipslegdays)

Posted : 07/07/2019 7:29 pm

On 2/21/2017 at 2:18 AM, beautifulambition said:

Yes never use a clarsonic on new scars, danger Will Robinson, Danger (movie reference). Would you clarsonic your scabs... I doubt it.

You need to be putting honey and aloe vera on them or triple antibiotic cream, some use vaseline. For a few weeks. Especially while you sleep. Use sunscreen, no exfoliation or harsh scrubs. IF you need to spot treat spot treat or over a area over a area. Some have used dilute with water white vinegar on gauze to pat the face this kills bacteria and makes it refresh itself.

Eat lots of protein this helps with collagen formation, less sugar and carbs.

I'm looking up post care for TCA Cross and came upon your advice. The way I understand it is the wound heals better if kept moist and a scab is not allowed to form. So the aloe vera helps keeping it moist while the honey is anti-bacterial. Is this correct?

Regarding using honey and aloe vera, are you supposed to mix the two, then apply it to areas that had TCA? How long after the procedure should you first apply the mixture?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/08/2019 12:32 pm

@SkipslegdaysHi - you read the chemical peel guide pinned to the main scar treatments forum, should be some info in there.

Two schools of thought and depends how you heal. One is you put vaseline over the tca cross spots until the scabs come off naturally, some only use a sensitive or minimal ingredient moisturizer. Other school of thought is leave them dry and let them come off naturally(Scabs). You have to test out what works best for you. You do NOT want to let the shower run directly on them, splash with your hands instead until the scabs come off. Honey is a natural equivalent and aloe is of course healing to wounds -yes.

Apply the aloe, let it dry, then the honey as the occlusive. 24-hrs after Cross. Until the scabs come off naturally.

MemberMember
(@skipslegdays)

Posted : 08/02/2019 7:57 pm

I read the chemical peel guide, and it mentioned using Vaseline first, then aloe + honey. So for keeping the wound moist, would it then be:

- Have TCA Cross done.

- Wait 24 hours

- Apply vaseline/anti biotic ointment

- After scabs fall off, apply aloe vera + honey for the redness

There was also something about patting the wound with gauze soaked in vinegar. Is that just the vinegar bought from grocery stores?

xander_33 liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/03/2019 11:01 pm

@SkipslegdaysVaseline is the drug store solution, ... hone any aloe are the natural solution. They both can work. Vaseline is more widely used post procedure. Some like the dry method with no occlusive. It's up to what works best for you. Try it and see.

You will have wounds post tca cross, ... this is normal. Use a tinted sunscreen, moisturizer, or a concealer like dermablend if you wish to spot treat them. This should only occur once the scabs have come off naturally.

The vinegar soaks are for antibacterial purposes. 50/50 Water to white vinegar. Yes. IF you need to dilute more do so.

MemberMember
(@lykacute)

Posted : 01/22/2020 9:54 pm

Hello..after apply the peel on the scar..how many minutes do i have to leave the peel before applying the neutralizer??ill use 80percent tca..please answer..i really need to know thanks