Notifications
Clear all

Red Marks Visible After Shower

MemberMember
(@jgwest)

Posted : 02/16/2017 3:23 pm

So I have battled with acne through high school but I have fially gotten it under control. I was dealing with what I thought were scars but I went to the dermatologist and she said it wasnt scars it was just hyperpigmentation. They gave me a Retin-a cream to put on my face and that has taken care of most of my problems but when I get out of the shower my hyperpigmentation that seemed to be gone is bright red. Will this last forever? How can I help it? Summer is coming up and I am constanlty swimming, playing outside, and going to the gym. I dont want to have to wear makeup and I definitely dont want these embarasing marks on my face everytime I swim or get hot.

Thank you in advance.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/17/2017 8:14 am

The shower is a vasodialator, it dilates the the blood vessels and makes you red, this is normal. The area is probably thinned and thus blood appears closer to the surface. Get vascular laser treatment done one of the best brand names is vbeam or IPL if thats more available. This will get rid of this issue, it can take 3 to 10 treatments. You can have it done at a med spa or dr's office.