Notifications
Clear all

TCA Cross / healing / scabs

MemberMember
(@kat22)

Posted : 02/13/2017 5:08 pm

I did the TCA cross (100%) on the 1st of February. All of the scabs are now off. It seems the best results are from the spots that the scabs remained on the longest. Three of them stayed on until the past couple of days, and they are almost level with the rest of my face already. I have some improvement with some of the others, some not so much. I am going to Cross again mid-March. I had quite a bit of redness in the scars when the scabs came off, but they have faded rather well.

Is there a way to keep the scabs from coming off early? I would like them to stay on as long as possible. I wonder if I should wear bandages at night when I go to bed to keep them from rubbing on the pillow, and to keep mefrom scratching in my sleep (if I was).

I am going to take "before" pictures before my next Cross. I am insecure about my face, obviously, but I will take pics through the next session and post them here.

What is the best thing to put on after? I did the antibiotic ointment for the first 3 days then switched to copper peptides. Last week I bought the LaRoche-Posay Ciciplast and it seemed to take the redness away quicker. Any help is greatly appreciated!

tapple007 liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/13/2017 11:37 pm

I am excited to hear of some success. Please share with us your journey. Pictures would be great of just the scars supper close up, which helps understand.

You may put bandages over them and some triple antibiotic under the bandage before you goto bed. Drs use a product I forget the name it's like a moleskin or strechy bandage material for subcisions.

Tripple antibiotic cream, vaseline is ok but does not have other benefits than keeping it moist, tripple antibiotic is often vaseline as well. LaRoche-Posay Ciciplast is great as well. I like Biafine it has tylenol in it to take some of the redness away. For redness you can take a antihistamine like DiphenhydramineBenadryl can help also honey and aloe vera after the first healing period some people helps heal. Yes the redness can last a bit, but makeup can cover it, wounds take time to heal. Vitamin C (Antioxidant) serum can help but only after it's fully healed and enough time has passed. If it's too fresh it can be irritating. Green tea bags. Icing the area can help cool and shrink pores.

kat22 liked
MemberMember
(@bloomingwasp)

Posted : 02/14/2017 9:27 am

congratulations on your improvement! TCA Cross has also worked really well for me.
I specifically asked professor chu about after care but he just said... nothing. just wash gently as normal. despite this, the first time around around i used vaseline, second time i didn't bother. medical opinion seems to be that you don't need any of this stuff. i think people on these forums love the idea of topicals, but there's also the risk that even touching the scabs could loosen them.

kat22 liked
MemberMember
(@kat22)

Posted : 02/14/2017 1:17 pm

beautifulambition: Thank you so much for your reply. I was hoping to hear from you! LOL. I will use topicals for two or three days and then use nothing until after the scabs come off. I think I can cover my cheeks at night with a large bandage because the areas aren't large (a lot of scars in smaller areas) and then a couple of small scars elsewhere. This is so exciting for me. I owe any improvement I have to this site, and the people that post here. I hope you realize how much you're helping me and countless others. I am eternally grateful to you!

BloomingWasp: Thank you! I am happy to hear that the TCA Cross is working for you too! I have bought some Cetaphil for gentle cleansing for the first month after TCA Cross, but I am looking forward to resuming with the mandelic acid cleanser and toner in a couple of weeks. I love that stuff! It keeps my monthly hormonal pimples away and makes my skin so bright and fresh. I was wondering if the moisture from the topicals may have loosened some scabs prematurely. I am going to Cross again mid-March. It's hard to wait when you see improvement, but I want to wait 4 to 6 weeks between treatments. Patience! I won't put anything on my face after I scab the next time and see if that works for me. Thanks so much for the reply/help. It is greatly appreciated !!!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/14/2017 1:24 pm

Thank you so much I am glad to hear of your success. | Be careful in the shower not to wash them off. scabs are fragile. If you pick in your sleep put socks on your hands.

kat22 liked
MemberMember
(@kat22)

Posted : 02/14/2017 4:27 pm

In the shower, I am splashing my face, not letting the water hit my face from the shower head. I am going to do everything I can to keep the scabs intact! I am not really sure if I pick in my sleep. I don't think I do, but just to be sure, I want to keep them covered!