V-Beam

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 02/12/2017 8:47 am

Hello guys, so the regimen has managed to keep me 100% clear but I still have the red marks which are fading but very slowly, I want to do a v-Beam treatment but im not sure how much downtime there is? since im in school and all, plus im a guy and I can't cover too much redness with makeup only what I have now which makes me look 100% clear when I wear makeup but if I get too close the makeup is visible in some lighting and its soo much stress especially when my school has such fking good lighting :( Will V-Beam dry my skin out and won't I break out if I stop using the regimen during the downtime? Thanks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/12/2017 9:18 am

I am a guy and wear makeup too (I posted a bit about that in my faq below under under the skin section), nothing wrong with covering up blemishes / redness to have higher self esteem, tons of men do it today. I hope you don't mind if I respond to your other comment here in your own post ;-P

You can have vbeam done at a med spa or derms off / plastic surgeon. There are even groupons for it sometimes.

Vbeam - does nothing to your "skin" except bruise it a bit (its vascular so only veins and surface blood), this is so the pigmentation can be absorbed. You can correct this quicker by taking vitamin K, Arnica Montana (cream and pellets health food store). I find it takes me 3 or 4 days to fade, but it depends how hard they go on the stubborn areas, So maybe try this on a Thursday or Friday and chill out for the weekend and see how you do. Some do not bruise at all. Makeup will cover it.

You will need about 3 or more treatments, depending on how many (or big the area) is they are treating. IPL typically takes more than this. Ifthey go soft, because you don't want to bruise expect more $$$ / treatments.

It's a very easy procedure, like a quick rubber band snap with cooling.

You can stop the regimen for a day before and 1 or 2 days after and then continue.You can always spot treat on zits only not the whole face. It helps some people with acne also a bit.

Regarding me, I am doing fine thanks for asking! It's a ongoing process as anything is, my scars are the more sever type so I understand all procedures I speak about and used to work in the aesthetics field. I try to help others as its very confusing and often money motivated to get maximum dollars from patients. Acne scars are never one and done, many think they will have 100% perfect skin after one treatment (it's a slow process). I have had tons of treatments. For each you get a small percentage of improvement.Vbeam is one of the best, I do it after my other procedures as well for the redness.

You should post more about using makeup in the makeup sub for acne and acne scars. There aren't many men who do this. I saw your post about pore filler and would like to read your experience and process. The hardest thing to do if you have facial hair (like me)... is not have it stick to the hair and look like makeup (concealer / foundation, powder looks to dry and cakey), most guys I see have smooth skin (no hair).

MemberMember
(@user575527)

Posted : 02/12/2017 9:18 am

It is possible to do Vbeam without getting any bruising, hence no downtime. Ask your dermatologists if they could use lower settings. This will probably result in more sessions, but this is a good option for busy people.

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 02/12/2017 1:36 pm

4 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

I am a guy and wear makeup too (I posted a bit about that in my faq below under under the skin section), nothing wrong with covering up blemishes / redness to have higher self esteem, tons of men do it today. I hope you don't mind if I respond to your other comment here in your own post ;-P

You can have vbeam done at a med spa or derms off / plastic surgeon. There are even groupons for it sometimes.

Vbeam - does nothing to your "skin" except bruise it a bit (its vascular so only veins and surface blood), this is so the pigmentation can be absorbed. You can correct this quicker by taking vitamin K, Arnica Montana (cream and pellets health food store). I find it takes me 3 or 4 days to fade, but it depends how hard they go on the stubborn areas, So maybe try this on a Thursday or Friday and chill out for the weekend and see how you do. Some do not bruise at all. Makeup will cover it.

You will need about 3 or more treatments, depending on how many (or big the area) is they are treating. IPL typically takes more than this. Ifthey go soft, because you don't want to bruise expect more $$$ / treatments.

It's a very easy procedure, like a quick rubber band snap with cooling.

You can stop the regimen for a day before and 1 or 2 days after and then continue.You can always spot treat on zits only not the whole face. It helps some people with acne also a bit.

Regarding me, I am doing fine thanks for asking! It's a ongoing process as anything is, my scars are the more sever type so I understand all procedures I speak about and used to work in the aesthetics field. I try to help others as its very confusing and often money motivated to get maximum dollars from patients. Acne scars are never one and done, many think they will have 100% perfect skin after one treatment (it's a slow process). I have had tons of treatments. For each you get a small percentage of improvement.Vbeam is one of the best, I do it after my other procedures as well for the redness.

You should post more about using makeup in the makeup sub for acne and acne scars. There aren't many men who do this. I saw your post about pore filler and would like to read your experience and process. The hardest thing to do if you have facial hair (like me)... is not have it stick to the hair and look like makeup (concealer / foundation, powder looks to dry and cakey), most guys I see have smooth skin (no hair).

I am currently using joppa minerals for makeup and it pretty much covers them 100% but at some lighing people can see im wearing makeup and some even know it but everyone thinks im so confident that they I don't even care but im so flakey because of the regimen that the makeup looks bad after like 5 hours

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/13/2017 2:21 am

Good on you, update the makeup thread with tips 😉 I posted some videos there. I could never wear powder it's too drying for me and clings to zits and dead skin or I get too oily and it looks bad, It has to be a cream like concealer or foundation with some pore filler maybe like benefit cosmetics porefessional. I use HA serum also as moisturizer.