Notifications
Clear all

Diet and hormonal acne

MemberMember
(@jumk97)

Posted : 02/05/2017 5:59 am

So I have moderate hormonal acne I have made a lot of changes to my diet and lifestyle e.g dairy free, more vegetables and some fruits, ginger tea, no sugar (I was a sugar addict! Choc and flapjacks mainly) I am recently going gluten free and have started drinking vegetable smoothies w/ almond milk this is my 3rd day, So can anyone tell me if they've succeeded in this kind of diet? How long? Feel free to add to what I can further do. Ps I do have oily,combo skin so current foundation Is tarte rainforest of the sea I'm trying to find something with more coverage but I don't want to risk new breakouts T.T

MemberMember
(@medici)

Posted : 02/16/2017 2:12 am

Hi! I have also my hormones imbalanced, and I was thinking it has something to do with diet, as you said.
Im going milk free, but i eat yogurt and cheese because of calcium. Also, more vegetables and fruits, and I must tell you that going sugar free is the best thing you can do! Sad thing is , many products that are not supposed to have sugar contain added sugar, which is as bad as the sugar in donuts, bakery... so sometimes its difficult to follow.
So, I think you are going right, but I must tell you that gluten ( If you dont have celiac disease or gluten intolerance) isnt as bad as many people say...and, in my opinion, you can have a healthy diet with gluten.
Smoothies arent also as "good" as they claim to be. You must see a documentary ( I will write here the link if you want to watch it) about sugar that talks about smoothies and all this things, and its very interesting. Anyway, good luck with your diet! Hope this will help. [Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@sophiaadams)

Posted : 02/17/2017 3:56 am

Cow's milk spikes blood sugar, which can increase inflammation (leading topimples). It also increases insulin levels, which encourage the production of skin oils (sebum). A lot of the commercial milk we buy comes from pregnant cows, and thus contains otherhormonesthat can trigger the production of sebum.