Notifications
Clear all

Plant-based Diet + modified caveman + off all meds!!

MemberMember
(@acne-doll)

Posted : 02/02/2017 11:42 pm

Hey guys! I just wanted to share my story with y'all in hopes that maybe it can inspire someone to take the leap to heal their body and finally get rid of their acne. 

I have battled with acne since I was in 7th grade, was placed on birth control since 9th grade and countless of other acne meds since then. Not only did I have horrible acne that continued to get worse with age, but I also was diagnosed with hypothyroidism at he young age of 19. The odd thing was that I wasn't overweight and thyroid issues did not run in my family. Basically to sum it up, I was one sick girl.

I will admit, one combo of drugs finally worked my senior year of college - spironolactone + Minocycline. Although it worked while I was on it, a year later my dermatologist told me that I needed to wean off the antibiotic because it could cause long-term liver and kidney damage. I was devastated. Finally once I had gained my self esteem and self confidence back, they wanted me to stop the only treatment I knew that worked. (I forgot to add that since since my sophomore year in college I have followed a vegan/plant-based diet. I thought this would handle all my acne problems but it didn't.) So, back to my senior year of college - I was taking 4 prescription medications for my acne & hormone issues: birth control, synthroid, minocycline, and spironolactone. It honestly disgusts me now to think I was taking all those at one point and making my sick condition even worse. 

Now, here comes the real story on how I healed my acne. 

1) NO MORE MEDICATIONS! Yep, you heard me right. Stop taking them.  NOW! They are only making you more sick by destroying your gut. In your case, is meant for me to stop taking it all, including my birth Control and synthroid. 

2) modified caveman method! I tried the full-on caveman regimen, but I couldn't bear not wearing makeup to cover my horrible acne-infested face. This is what I currently do and It has worked wonders for me: 

AM regimen - nothing! I don't wash my face at all. I use bare minerals matte primer and their powder foundation,  I just put that on in the morning. 

PM regimen - I don't use any kind of facial wash, just organic cotton rounds with some water to wipe off all my makeup. THATS IT! After doing this my skin feels so soft - I love it! 

3) no dairy, meat or eggs! Lots of veggies and whole plant-based foods :) 

Now, I will be honest with you. It took about 3 months before I started seeing the acne go away. You HAVE to give it time. But honestly I can 100% say it is the best decision I've ever made. And yes, it did get worse before it got better, and I still get minor blemishes here and there.  But after battling with severe acne for 10 years & having a dermatologist tell me I would always have adult acne & would never be able to cure it naturally, I am thrilled to say I no longer require any sort of medication nor face wash to keep my face clea. I have finally let my body heal and rid itself of toxins, and clearer skin is a direct result of that. 

Good luck & I hope through my experience I can atleast help one other person out there who suffers from this horrible condition!

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 02/03/2017 8:11 am

Thanks for sharing your story and what's been working for you!!!! Best wishes for continued success!!! |::)