Notifications
Clear all

Little help

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 01/23/2017 2:07 pm

Hi guys I'm currently on accutane and on my right cheek what I thought was just PIH or PIE is looking like a group of indents in my skin. I was certain they weren't indents but they must be. Is there anything that can help fill them in a little or not? Whether a primer or anything will help thanks

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 03/07/2017 12:37 am

Hey! Im a guy so i dont know a whole lot about makeup but sadly I know a little because of severe acne. I wasnt ever able to find a makeup that significantly, or even minimally, reduced the scarring since there is often that bad angle of lighting that shows the texture and makeup helps mostly with very surface level imperfections, such as post acne red marks. Sorry about the scarring, I am also suffering with it and have been for a couple of years now.

My advice is to not break your head over something that you cant change right now. You are better off not even thinking about it and accepting it in the mean time and just wait until you can actually do something about it with the dermatologist. I know this is easier said than done, but worrying about the scarring is only going to make your life harder so just let it go. I have spent so much time worrying about other people noticing my scarring and it was sooo illogical since being anxious only made me less appealing to others. We are in this struggle together; lets get stronger and smarter together too.