Notifications
Clear all

*CAUTION: GROSS* Hypertrophic Scars on Nose

MemberMember
(@tazhonestlysucks)

Posted : 01/23/2017 3:03 am

Hello everyone,

I was hoping to get some advice on how to shrink/flatten these scars on my nose.

A little backstory, I've had pretty crappy skin ever since high school, but poor advice on topicals (tazorac mainly) have really ruined my skin, perhaps permanently. I've been really embarrassed for such a long time. These scars have absolutely destroyed my self esteem, and has really affected my school work and social life. I always felt that it was shallow to be so concerned with my looks, but these horrible scars have made me pretty much unpresentable to the world.

So I was hoping to find anyone on here who can give any advice on what I can do about these scars; I've tried scar gel, but it didn't really have any affect on them. They're pretty old, have had them for 2 years or less. Please, any advice would help, because I honestly hate life at the moment....

Thanks.

M

MemberMember
(@tazhonestlysucks)

Posted : 01/29/2017 2:22 am

*bump* please any advice will help

MemberMember
(@moomoocow)

Posted : 01/31/2017 1:42 pm

if thats a true hypertrophic scarring, you will need a series of cortisone injection.

if not, those bumps mightbe angiofibroma (fibrous papule) which can be removed with electrocautery.