Notifications
Clear all

CeraVe or Cetaphil?

MemberMember
(@fellowyogi)

Posted : 01/22/2017 10:02 am

I am lost as to what moisturizer to purchase.. So what product works to moisturizer better , without any extra break outs? CeraVe or Cetaphil?

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 01/22/2017 10:40 am

I personally like cerave bc it has never broken me out, and I like the feeling of it. I have never tried the cetaphil tho.

MemberMember
(@fellowyogi)

Posted : 01/22/2017 11:30 am

49 minutes ago, shadylee said:

I personally like cerave bc it has never broken me out, and I like the feeling of it. I have never tried the cetaphil tho.

Awesome ! Do you use the lotion or cream?

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 01/22/2017 3:41 pm

I use the pm lotion, just bc it feels lightweight. I hadn't moisturized for years and years bc it seemed I wld break out while using. My derm recommended the cerave lotion and I was pleasantly surprised.

MemberMember
(@vadaxin)

Posted : 02/03/2017 12:36 am

Cerave!!! Cetaphil is garbage in my opinion. The thing about cetaphil is that it is very heavy and doesn't absorb well. Also leaves a greasy/oily film. Recently I switched to cerave products and absolutely love it ! I can out a full pump on my face and within a minute my face will be mattified. By the way I have oily skin

MemberMember
(@lordschweitzer)

Posted : 02/03/2017 10:14 am

CeraVe all the way. I used Cetaphil during my rounds of accutane, and while it moisturized, I found it gave my skin this shiny, plastic, almost greasy looking glow. I use the regular CeraVe lotion, it's lightweight but also moisturizing, and their cream they have if my skin is feeling particularly dry. I've also tried their sunscreen and haven'e noticed any breakouts (mind you, I don't go outside very often, so I can't attest to long-term use of it.) Also, CeraVe is cruelty free, where Cetaphil is not.

MemberMember
(@jmg25)

Posted : 02/03/2017 10:40 am

Read whole thing how to rid acne. This is the deal. Watch acne go away.

Use Cetaphil gentle skin Cleanser without water as instructed on the bottle. Don't let water touch your face either bc water has been shown to dry skin out. What you do is this: apply Cetaphil (a medium amount) on one cheek and rub up and down very gently forming a creamy consistency. With your other hand, wipe off the Cetaphil. Never use a wash cloth because it's abrasive and drying which makes your skin produce more oil and well...acne. Do the same method for your other cheek and forehead. Do this method at night only and not in themorning. I say once a day because touching your skin too much or cleansing too much is bad. This method that I explained will moisturize and cleanse. Your barrier will be able to restore itself. Do not use water with it trust me. Always remember to avoid soap on your face from a shower and water because soap strips your skin of your natural oils. Our sebum is oil which is great for preventing acne since it's acidic but TOOOOOO much sebum is bad!!! That allows acne to flourish. You need a healthy balanced ph of about 4.5 between 6.5. The Cetaphil falls within that range. Cetaphil is ph balanced and that's the key for preventing acne.

For moistuzer I would either use Cetaphil lotion or Cetaphil restorderm. Both are acidic and hydrating. You need a healthy amount of sebum and water in your skin for it to function properly. You're probably thinking that ...well why is she telling me to Avoid water then? Because splashing your face with water is different than having water in your skin. Ever go swimming and get prune like skin? Yeah your skin is dry. So avoid water. I did accutane btw so I'm not just speaking out of nowhere. Also when you apply Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser Cleanser and do that method....be gentle!!!! If you rub hard that will trigger dryness and guess what????? Your skin will produce more oil. A too acidic environment causes acne as well as an alkaline environment from harsh soaps. Like I said said...you need the ph at 4.5 to 6.5 which is slightly acidic.

As for moisturizer try cetaphil lotion or cetaphil restorderm. Do not mix products. Pick one. Apply right after Cleansing with the above method. Use a pea size when your off acutane. Use more on accutane.

I know that just the Cetaphil gentle Cleanser clears acne for GOOOOOOD. I use that alone once a night. I don't have acne anymore. The moisturizers may break you out but I think eventually you'll be clear. Breakouts occur at the start bc skin is unbalanced. Anyone who has acne has ether an alkaline ph or too acidic ph. You need to work toward a balance and that takes time.

Sorry for my errors. My typing fast. I have to go to work lol.