Notifications
Clear all

When did you start seeing results from Accutane?

MemberMember
(@raub)

Posted : 01/18/2017 7:16 pm

Few questions if I might ask.

• When did you start seeing results from Accutane?
  • Did you get worse before you got better?
  • Do you think 20mg is too low for a 70kg person?
MemberMember
(@kathi)

Posted : 01/19/2017 6:56 am

Big changes in the third month.

Yes.

Depends on the severity of your acne.

Ra'Ub liked
MemberMember
(@adeel2111)

Posted : 01/19/2017 7:21 am

• When you start it will get worse before it gets better (The first two months are most common)
  • It will start clearing up after 2-4 months, depends on your severity.
  • Your skin will probably get dried out the first months so use a good moisture and so will your lips, use vaseline to cover the dryness.
  • It is a chance of getting a serious side effect, so if you feel something unusual that whan you have read, go to doctor asap
Ra'Ub liked
MemberMember
(@awills)

Posted : 01/19/2017 4:24 pm

I was completely clear by 12 weeks.

I had an initial breakout, it was very painful deep cysts.

I was 55kg and started on 20mg for the first 10 days, then 40mg for the rest of the course. (5 months total, maybe 5 months and 2 weeks)

(My acne was severe and covered my entire face) - I finished my course in July 2016 and I am still clear now!

Ra'Ub liked
MemberMember
(@am-92)

Posted : 01/22/2017 8:15 am

• I'm 58kg + started on 20mg for 3 months; 30mg for 2 months; now I'm on 40mg (2 weeks so far; won't up my dose again). I started to see a real difference around month 5; upping the dose definitely helped.
  • Got much worse before it got better. I'd say it was worse until around month 4. But it does get better + this is totally down to the individual case!
  • Dosage is really individual, so it depends on your side effects etc. If you're concerned about dosage, speak to your dermatologist :)
MemberMember
(@cherribomb223)

Posted : 02/26/2017 6:41 pm

I'm around 57kg and started on 20mg for the first two weeks then started 40mg and will stay on that till the end of my 5 month course.

At the very start didn't see much of a difference, maybe a slight improvement if that? When I started my double dosage I had very dry skin, lips and started breaking out for that week lost instantly after starting that double. The breakout wasn't great but I could handle it - now I'm on Week 4 and seeing results already! My skin is starting to clear up quickly. I don't have one pimple at the moment just left over old red marks!

MemberMember
(@vihk)

Posted : 03/05/2017 1:15 pm

I'm 75 kg and started on 60 mg. After the first week i started to get a lot of acne. Every day it got worse until the 3th week. At one point in week 3 it was at the most i'v ever had. I stayed home for a couple of days and reported ill. Week 4 i was complete clean from acne, i only had red spots left from the acne. The rest of my 7 months course i'v had one pimple only!

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 03/05/2017 4:23 pm

i weigh 110, take 60 mgs a day
huge initial breakout end of month one except it has never ended and my skin still looks terrible in month five
started with only moderate acne, now my face is a fucking mess

MemberMember
(@simonhurst)

Posted : 05/18/2019 1:30 pm

Did it clear Gracie