Notifications
Clear all

Does accutane help with previous PIH?

MemberMember
(@sadia-islam)

Posted : 01/02/2017 6:31 am

I'm currently on accutane, and have been on it for a little over three weeks. I have moderate acne with A LOT of old post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, one year prior to being on accutane. Based on some discussions and posts I've read here, I understand that accutane does not heal the red/pink marks left behind from acne and I also know that PIH goes away on its own eventually. However, like I mentioned I've had PIH on both my cheeks for a very long time now, and they're very red/pink. They just won't seem to go away, are there any treatments or something I can do to heal/lighten them somehow? Any help would be much appreciated!

MemberMember
(@dearworld_)

Posted : 01/02/2017 1:51 pm

I have never been on accutane so I can't speak to if it helps with PIH; however, I had a few Jessner peels over the past few years and I think they really did help lighten my old PIH. BUT, it happens over the course of months, even years. It was after a few years that I could really say definitively that old PIH marks were lighter. In my experience, there is no fast fix, just time and patience.