Notifications
Clear all

Should I stop eating dairy products?

MemberMember
(@sa-man-duh)

Posted : 12/29/2016 12:26 pm

I love cheese. Cheese is my life. After reading several topics on avoiding dairy products for clear skin, I begin to think. I dont eat that much dairy, let alone drink. I have not had milk in forever, only almond or coconut milk. And usually for a snack I have a mozzarella string cheese stick (protein) and an apple. Should I stop snacking on cheese sticks, and what are good snacks to help stop the irritation of acne? I am currently trying to increase my calorie intake due to the fact that I workout everyday and I want to gain weight. Thank you everyone.

MemberMember
(@melmmg)

Posted : 12/29/2016 1:07 pm

I have cut out cheese since like 2 or 3 months ago, and I do feel like it helps and I even tested it by not eating cheese at all or anything dairy that means you need to check the label on EVERYTHING. I tested it by not eating anything dairy for like 3 weeks and then I would drink milk and that same day I saw my active acne look so IMFLAMED & RED and Idk if you get zits but when I do they feel like tingly & itchy thats when I know I'm going to get a zit lol it was crazy! and I accidently ate bread one time that had milk and I got 3 big zits that were itchy in that SAME day. So that just confirmed I shouldnt be eating dairy. So I think you should test it out, and really pay attention to what your skin does and how it responds. Also Some products that you don't even think would have a trace of milk, like some facilities may process things that have milk and could cross contaminate. Also , be aware of butter which have milk fat look for vegan butters or dairy free and Lactose free is not the same thing as DAIRY FREE. So look for that also what I'm still trying to get a hang of is Bread! Bread is tricky, so far I know is Sourdough bread is a good alternative and Ezkiel Bread. Thats the only thing, I have trouble with.

ALSO side note: Lol Idk if you like pizza but I do! , Pizza hut and Dominoes have vegan pizzas just make sure you check the ingredients in their pizza sauce and bread (at pizza hut their bread is vegan) just make sure you ask for no butter on your pizza crust.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@auleej)

Posted : 01/04/2017 7:05 pm

Just as not everyone is the same, not all dairy is equal. It's possible that dairy in general could be a trigger... or it could be only certain types of dairy... or just how you consume dairy.

Personally, I can eat butter and cheese all I want. They're mostly just milk fats. My issue comes from sugars in general - especially milk sugars (lactase). Thus, things like milk, ice cream, or pizza are awful on my skin, whereas cheese or butter itself is fine.

In order to figure out if dairy is safe, don't treat all dairy as equal. If pizza breaks you out, don't just assume it's the cheese - the sugars in the crust could be the culprit! If milk breaks you out, it might just be all the sugar and hormones! Treat it like a science experiment by removing other variables.

MemberMember
(@sararey)

Posted : 01/04/2017 8:09 pm

I wouldrecommend an Anti-inflammatory Diet. Dairy is very inflammatory and acne is an inflammatory condition. The hormones in most dairy may also play a part.Google Anti-inflammatory Diets. I follow one and it really helps. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@suswang8)

Posted : 01/08/2017 6:30 pm

what about eating more non-starchy vegetables? the overwhelming consensus right now is that the two most important recommendations for acne sufferers in terms of dietary changes are avoiding dairy and sugar. if you are only eating small amounts of dairy, it probably won't help you that much to go cold turkey and completely abstain.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/17/2017 9:49 am

Fermented/ raw dairy is always better.

Pasteurised/homogenized/ low fat dairy in any form is poison