Notifications
Clear all

Natural Anti-Androgens

MemberMember
(@uhhhhidk)

Posted : 12/10/2016 5:12 pm

I just got a hormone test done and found out that I am high in androgens, which is likely the cause of my persistent hormonal acne. I have tried many birth control pills in the past but have never found success so I am looking for a more natural solution.

What are some anti-androgen supplements or foods I could be consuming to balance my hormones out??? I am already taking 30mg of zinc, which has helped a lot but not completely.

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 12/11/2016 4:45 am

I've tried saw palmetto and stinging nettle root extract. Of the two I found saw palmetto more potent and still take it regularly, but it's still not strong enough to keep my skin under control without the pill unfortunately. People often have better luck combining two or more. I really recommend a post on here by Green Gables called something like "The Big Hormone Post for both Men and Women", it's really informative and gives lots of ideas for natural antiandrogens.

uhhhhidk liked
MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)
MemberMember
(@angelinna)

Posted : 12/13/2016 12:03 am

Taking a cinnamon or myo-inositol (B complex vitamin) supplement which has been associated with decreased serum testosterone.