Notifications
Clear all

Omega 3 doesn't cause acne, synthetic Vitamin E that comes with it does

MemberMember
(@emilp89)

Posted : 12/13/2016 2:05 pm

I've had acne since I was 11yo. Currently I am 27yo. Only lately I've started actually dealing with acne. :(

I bought a different brand of Omega 3 capsules a couple of months ago. I started having these huge cysts on my neck and face. In the end I came to the conclusion that it was the Vitamin E that the company adds to their product. The reason why it does that is because it is synthetic. Natural Vitamin E does not do that. So when I stopped taking them, I stopped having the cysts.

I wanted to throw these capsules out, but my mother said that I am crazy for throwing out money. So she took them and started taking them. When I asked her how did it go. She said that she started having these red marks on her face and that she eventually threw the capsules out. :)

I wanted to share this with you. The only other confirmed thing that gives me acne is milk.

MemberMember
(@foodcursed)

Posted : 12/15/2016 2:48 pm

yeah, fish oil pills are so fake. I noticed that I don't feel better when I take them as well...

However, without some kind of preservative the fish oil would go rancid very quickly.

I've been drinking raw, unpasteurized milk ([removed]) and seem to be ok with it (milk is still high iodine though so I can't go crazy with it).

MemberMember
(@emilp89)

Posted : 12/15/2016 5:27 pm

On 12/16/2016 at 1:48 AM, FoodCursed said:

yeah, fish oil pills are so fake. I noticed that I don't feel better when I take them as well...

However, without some kind of preservative the fish oil would go rancid very quickly.

I've been drinking raw, unpasteurized milk ([removed]) and seem to be ok with it (milk is still high iodine though so I can't go crazy with it).

Even the unpasteurized milk doesn't go well with me. It still has hormones like any other milk. So I avoid milk whenever I can. So sad because I love milk. :(