Notifications
Clear all

Limit of like products per shipment causing unnecessary high import taxes

MemberMember
(@howlingmad)

Posted : 12/01/2016 10:56 am

Hey,

I would love to hamster the Cleanser, AHA and BP. Unfortunately it only lets me order a maximum of three of each at a time.
Since I live in Europe, being able to order larger quantities at a time would help me reduce the import costs.
Is there any way around the limit of three of the same product per shipment? Of not, consider this a suggestion =)

Cheers,
Alex

acne.org store.png

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@howlingmad)

Posted : 12/03/2016 1:53 pm

Unfortunately that explanation does not fly. 

• The Cleanser has no stamped expiration date what so ever.
  • The BP has a stamped expiration date. Judging from the stamp I anticipate the BP to have ~3 years of shelf life. 
  • The AHA also has a stamped expiration date. From that date i expect the AHA to have a similar shelf life. 

So i suspect the real reason behind the limit of three to be related to shipping costs, or preventing bulk orders for resale. Whatever it is, it is hurting my wallet harder than need be.

On $260 of orders (as seen on the picture in the OP), i pay an extra $70 on shipping and an extra $60 on import taxes. A $260 order ends up costing me $390. The extra added costs could simply be reduced by allowing more products per order ( assuming shipping costs would stay similar). Other less costly shipping options would also be appreciated, surely shipping by sea would be cheaper than air freight?

Buying acne.org products in Europe is not feasible as scalpers ask exorbitant prices. So my other option would be buying similar products for other brands. But I would rather keep with the brand that helped me get rid of my acne after all these years |

DeLovely and uJiinD liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 12/15/2016 2:35 pm

On 12/1/2016 at 10:56 AM, Howlingmad said:

Hey,

I would love to hamster the Cleanser, AHA and BP. Unfortunately it only lets me order a maximum of three of each at a time.
Since I live in Europe, being able to order larger quantities at a time would help me reduce the import costs.
Is there any way around the limit of three of the same product per shipment? Of not, consider this a suggestion =)

Cheers,
Alex

acne.org store.png

That's so weird...I'm not sure why you can't order more. I often order six 16-oz BPs at a time, and the products are usually good for 2-3 years from the time of purchase. Since my son also does the Body Regimen, we go through the BP pretty rapidly.

Just double-checked the online store and it says I can buy up to nine 16-oz BPs.

Moved this to A&F forum...maybe Dan or Ysabela will see and comment.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 12/15/2016 6:36 pm

On the build your own kits he is right, you can only order up to 3 per items. If you select the items individually on each of their pages you can get up to 9 per items.

MemberMember
(@howlingmad)

Posted : 12/20/2016 2:39 pm

On 12/16/2016 at 0:36 AM, nicmic62 said:

On the build your own kits he is right, you can only order up to 3 per items. If you select the items individually on each of their pages you can get up to 9 per items.

This works!   And saves me quite considerably on shipping costs! |
Limiting to 9 items is much more reasonable than 3.

It is a weird way of ordering products though, especially when the site offers a nice overview in the ''Build your own kit'' window. Why not directly allow up to 9 items per product in the ''Build your own kit'' shopping window? 

Another point I would like to touch upon are the shipping costs to outside the USA. Compared to the free shipping Americans get the costs for ''outsiders'' is quite staggering. For 15 kg / 33lbs of acne.org products the cheapest USPS option charges $130. For the same weight and similar volume a iherb shipment through USPS only costs me $20 and delivers in the same time frame as the six times more costly option in your store. I respect that iherbs order count is on a whole other level and likely get a better deal on shipment costs. The difference in costs just seems more than I can justify. Ever thought about opening an amazon store on the European mainland? It would save us Europeans big time on shipping and import costs. |

DeLovely liked