Skin super oily rig...

Notifications
Clear all

Skin super oily right after period ends?? Causes and prevention??

MemberMember
(@lovedsnacks)

Posted : 11/27/2016 11:55 pm

Right after my period ends my forehead gets super oily right, under the skin bumps appear all over my forehead, and breakouts start appearing on my forehead as well. This lasts for almost a full week and then right after my skin returns to normal, under the skin bumps go away, and the breakouts start to heal and go away.

Does anyone know what causes this and how to prevent this from happening? This happens every month and I believe this is what is preventing the skin on my forehead from getting completely acne free.

I only breakout on my forehead and sometimes my chin.

I keep really good care of my skin and for some reason no matter what I do whether it's with my skincare regimen, eating habits or whatever else this ALWAYS happens every month when my period ends. It's really frustrating as I don't know what causes this.. if anyone could help with this problem that'd be great!

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 12/14/2016 1:51 am

On 11/27/2016 at 11:55 PM, LovedSnacks said:

Right after my period ends my forehead gets super oily right, under the skin bumps appear all over my forehead, and breakouts start appearing on my forehead as well. This lasts for almost a full week and then right after my skin returns to normal, under the skin bumps go away, and the breakouts start to heal and go away.

Does anyone know what causes this and how to prevent this from happening? This happens every month and I believe this is what is preventing the skin on my forehead from getting completely acne free.

I only breakout on my forehead and sometimes my chin.

I keep really good care of my skin and for some reason no matter what I do whether it's with my skincare regimen, eating habits or whatever else this ALWAYS happens every month when my period ends. It's really frustrating as I don't know what causes this.. if anyone could help with this problem that'd be great!

Your estrogen and progesterone levels are at their lower end post-period before they slowly begin to rise again by ovulation. Low estrogen and dips in hormone levels in general can trigger oil and awful acne. Chin acne is def hormonal. You could get a good BCP level so yourself out or see a naturopathic doc prevent the breakout.