Notifications
Clear all

This cleared my acne!!!!

MemberMember
(@tealmilkshake)

Posted : 11/18/2016 4:21 am

I am a 28 year old female that has been struggling with adult acne for the past 5 years. I had mild acne as a teenager, but I developed cystic acne at 23 years old. I get 3-4 cysts at a time, whiteheads, and pustules. I never touched my skin until this past year, which resulted in scars. 

I tried everything. Proactive, Epiduo, benzol peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid,  retinoids, every single cleanser and moisturizer at drugstores and Sephora, clindamycin, doxycycline, etc. Clarisonic was making my face worse! 

I bought a 'de la cruz' Sulfur ointment because it was on sale and paired it with a sulfur soap. IT WORKED. I feel like a new woman. I forgot what it feels like to have fresh skin. 

I noticed a difference overnight and 75% of my acne was gone after 5 days of use. My scars also look a lot better, they seem to be healing. No discoloration and no redspots either. (I have pale skin, porcelain-ivory.) 

This was my skincare regime to clear up acne. What you will need: 

1. Grisi Sulfur Soap bar. I bought it at Target for $3. They're also sold at Walmart, CVS, RiteAid, etc. ****It will be in the ethnic section, with the other spanish products.** 

2. De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment. Also sold at stores listed above in the ethnic section. Also sold on Amazon. 

3. Aveeno Positively Radiant facial scrub.

4. Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer (or Cetaphil, but I like Aveeno.) Walmart has a good dupe. 

5. Rose water toner (no other additives) 

6. Rose hip oil face serum. *** make sure that it's a Serum. Serums are water based. I use Olivia Care rose hip serum. 

1 hour before bed
-wash face with Grisi soap and gently pat dry.

-apply sulfur ointment on areas of face with acne, a light layer. (cheeks, nose, chin, forehead) AVOID EYES AND LIPS. **leave ointment on face for 25-30 minutes. 

-rinse off with lukewarm water. 

-wash face with a small amount of Aveeno moisturizer and pat dry. 

-wait a few minutes for face to dry and apply toner. Spray twice on face and rub in with clean hands. 

-apply 4-5 drops of serum and rub into face. 

-apply moisturizer.

Go to bed :)

- Aveeno face wash
-moisturizer 

**make sure to apply serum and moisturizer at night because Sulfur is drying. The serum keeps your face soft. 

I keep the same routine no, except I use the ointmen as a spot treatment only. If I get a small pimple, it's gone when I wake up. 

If I apply makeup, I mildly use a washcloth at night. However, I don't use foundation anymore. 

Sorry, I wrote a lot, but it did help me. I hope it helps you too :) 

MemberMember
(@the-loyal-skeptic)

Posted : 12/07/2016 8:06 am

Do you find that the sulfur smell clings to your face? I bought my own little tub of sulfur to mix with clay and male a sulfur mask... it works extremely well but my husband can't stand the smell that is on my face for a day or two after!

MemberMember
(@realsolutions)

Posted : 12/14/2016 8:31 pm

I had the same question about the sulfur soap. I don't like the smell and it seems to linger even after i rinse my face.

How did you develop your routine? Did you consult a beautician or a dermatologist? I'm wondering if the same routine would work for me. I guess it couldn't hurt to try, except the sulfur smell I can't stand.