Notifications
Clear all

Thinking of trying water only routine any good reviews?

MemberMember
(@liam7)

Posted : 11/15/2016 8:38 pm

So I got pretty bad acne in about 7th grade and I discovered the regimen form acne.org. I started using it and followed it step by step and was very consistent and after about 4 weeks my skin was completely clear. I stopped using it for awhile but I noticed that my skin was getting worse. I started using it again at night time only but I didn't really see much of a difference. I started using it twice daily again and I have been pretty consistent with it but once again I have noticed a plateau. Flash-forward to now, I am 16 years old about to turn 17. I started getting acne earlier than most people in my class so I am assuming that I should be growing out of this hormonal acne somewhat soon but I am unsure. I got acne on my back and on the back of my neck pretty badly and recently I just stopped picking at it and applying chemicals (products) to it and now I am fully clear on my back and on my neck. I know the skin on my face is different than on my back and neck but I am really thinking of just not using my cleanser, 2.5% BP, and clinique moisturizer. Instead I want to try and use water only. The acne on my face isn't the part that bothers me, to be quite honest I really dont have much acne on my face. I get some pimples here and there but i mainly get it right on the corners of my jawline, right in front of you ears but sort of on the underside of your jaw if that makes sense.  The part that does bother me is that I feel like putting these products on my face has caused my skin (which is sensitive) to get pretty oily due to the fact that these products strip your skin of oil and that will make it produce even more, I used moisturizer and I have started using aloe to help the redness, but nothings changed much. My skin is still oily and red. I would rather get the occasional zit on non-red, matte skin. Than have clear oily, red skin. I find that because my skin gets oily, it makes my skin look worse in certain lighting than it actually is. With that being said, im pretty nervous to try this because if I stop using products and only water, what if i break out badly, then I am back to square one. Anybody have any suggestions? Here are pictures so you can see what I mean, the lighting makes my skin look really bad. 

IMG_1679.JPG

IMG_1680.JPG

IMG_1681.JPG

IMG_1682.JPG

IMG_1683.JPG

what i mean by someone who gets the occasional zit but has a nice even skin tone with a matte finish is someone like cameron dallas almost. He has acne but his skin is actually really nice. I am just unsure if I should continue using the products I am using and just not touch my face at all and hope for the best, or if I should just start using water. 

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 11/16/2016 3:36 pm

Your skin actually looks good! It's up to you whether you try just water. I've heard it helps calm things down but personally for me it seemed to make things worse.

MemberMember
(@rollercoaster)

Posted : 11/16/2016 3:41 pm

no water was really good for my oiliness. before i had been using retin a and some cerave moisturizer (all prescribed by my derm) which made my skin terrible. on water only my face became much less oily, but still not perfect. also make sure to have soft water

answer mine?

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/364320-help-with-shallow-red-shiny-indentation-scars/