Notifications
Clear all

Scar and treatment. Opinions (Pic)

MemberMember
(@iole017)

Posted : 11/04/2016 11:35 am

Hi there! I'm here to ask you a help / advice. I had an acne cyst on my cheek 2 months ago. It left this horrible scar. By that moment I feel depressed and I'm searching what treatment would help me to improve it. I think here are great and more prepared people that could help me with an advice.
PS: excuse my imprecise english

pixlr_20161102201516788.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/04/2016 2:11 pm

Filler and subcision. You have skin atrophy, aka fat loss. More about that in the FAQ below

Iole017 liked
MemberMember
(@iole017)

Posted : 11/04/2016 6:20 pm

Thank you so much for your timely answer. I was also wondering if it's better wait some another time before a subcision or can I already do it (my scar is 2 months old).
If the subcision doesn't work, do you think my scar could be a good candidate for an excision?
Thanks again!

MemberMember
(@rdnhey)

Posted : 11/04/2016 7:32 pm

1 hour ago, Iole017 said:

Thank you so much for your timely answer. I was also wondering if it's better wait some another time before a subcision or can I already do it (my scar is 2 months old).
If the subcision doesn't work, do you think my scar could be a good candidate for an excision?
Thanks again!

No. Wait another 3/4 months and than sub plus fill if it's still there

MemberMember
(@iole017)

Posted : 11/04/2016 7:59 pm

It sounds so optimistic your "if it still there". I wish it will improve over time, but I'm also realistic. That's why I began to do my "homeworks" and search a solution. So be patient is the only thing I can do for now..

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/05/2016 2:38 am

He is saying you repeat the process if it is still there. It's not once and done often takes a few. Scar revision can take 1 or 2 years...
I would not do excision, you have fat atropy, not some small scar. I have big ones all over my face so I get it. Filler is the scaffolding to lift it up, it's the only thing that really works, unless you do fat grafts and that is sooooo expensive.

MemberMember
(@iole017)

Posted : 11/05/2016 6:28 am

Oh, I misunderstood. I know it's a long journey, unfortunately. After doing some subcisions, filler seems to be the solution, even if it's temporary. I'm now watching (in advance) for a dermastamp and a suction device. Do you recommend owndoc.com ones?
And yes, fat grafts it's really too expensive :(