Notifications
Clear all

Acne.org's Glycolic Acid + Clindoxyl Gel?

MemberMember
(@iyves)

Posted : 11/04/2016 1:36 am

Is it safe to use acne.org's glycolic acid and clindoxyl gel ( which is 1%Clindamycin, 5% Benzoyl Peroxide) together?

I know that they say that it's best to use both acne.org's glycolic acid and benzoyl peroxide as a spot treatment for acne, so does that mean it would have the same effect with using clindoxyl gel since it contains 5% benzoyl peroxide or would it have a certain type of reaction because of the clindamycin?

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 11/04/2016 4:21 am

2 hours ago, Iyves said:

Is it safe to use acne.org's glycolic acid and clindoxyl gel ( which is 1%Clindamycin, 5% Benzoyl Peroxide) together?

I know that they say that it's best to use both acne.org's glycolic acid and benzoyl peroxide as a spot treatment for acne, so does that mean it would have the same effect with using clindoxyl gel since it contains 5% benzoyl peroxide or would it have a certain type of reaction because of the clindamycin?

You can still use them together. The difference between normal BP and clindoxyl is clindoxyl contains the antibiotic clindamycin, so it is acutally more effective.

So you can use them together, but start will a small amount and build your way up to a larger amount.

If your skin is too sensitive, instead of glycolic acid you can use normal moisturizer on top of the clindoxyl gel.

MemberMember
(@iyves)

Posted : 11/04/2016 6:14 pm

13 hours ago, Alex9945 said:
You can still use them together. The difference between normal BP and clindoxyl is clindoxyl contains the antibiotic clindamycin, so it is acutally more effective.

So you can use them together, but start will a small amount and build your way up to a larger amount.

If your skin is too sensitive, instead of glycolic acid you can use normal moisturizer on top of the clindoxyl gel.

Thank you for your response! I'll definitely try it out