Notifications
Clear all

acne scars with pictures

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 11/03/2016 6:14 pm

Hi guys !
I am attaching pictures of my cheeks.Could you please give me your honest opinion of the severity of my acne scars and treatment options.
I am planning to do subsicion this winter but I am not sure whether it will work,since my scars seem to be untethered (the completely disappear when i pull my skin slightly.)Pictures are taken under harsh direct lighting to give an accurate picture of how deep they are.

Thank you!

1.JPG

IMG_4146 2.JPG

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 11/03/2016 8:36 pm

Honestly thats so mild I wouldn't even notice it under the worst lighting conditions.

MemberMember
(@misshopeful123)

Posted : 11/03/2016 9:05 pm

thanks tretionin!
but i feel like pictures don't really depict them accurately.i feel like they are much worse in real life if you know what I mean.

MemberMember
(@yola4)

Posted : 11/03/2016 10:52 pm

They seem to be quite shallow. I had similar scars on my chin that bothered me. Just because someone tells you that they aren't bad, and they really aren't, doesn't mean they will stop bothering you. People would tell me, "Oh I can barely see them," or "Stop making it a bigger deal than it actually is." But truth is...it's my face and I have to live with it! So, I completely understand why you want to find treatment options.
As far as subcision, I don't think that's the best route for you. There are studies, however, that show subcision can be help wrinkles and untethered scars. But I would try needling first. I'm not recommending you do what he did...but you could look up sweetandsours thread and read how he did a modified self-subcision with a needle. I'm just trying to show you that you have options. When I single needle, I try to hit the scar from multiple angles and directions. This technique has really worked for me. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.
I just want to reiterate the fact that your skin does not look bad at all--even under the harshest lighting you could find!!!

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 11/04/2016 6:50 am

9 hours ago, misshopeful123 said:

thanks tretionin!
but i feel like pictures don't really depict them accurately.i feel like they are much worse in real life if you know what I mean.

Yeah I know what you mean, but honestly its probably because were obsessed about our own flaws that we reject any perspective that shows it better. I understand that the media and all portrays women with perfect skin, but the truth is that many of those women in the magazines and advertisements have some scarring as well.

Your skin looks good, and if it were me, I wouldn't even try to treat it. The money and risk of permanent side effects are too much for something no one will notice anyway.