Notifications
Clear all

Tretinoin -- what time of the day is it customary to break out?

MemberMember
(@flying-buttress)

Posted : 10/31/2016 7:01 pm

Anybody else on tretinoin? I'm on my 7th week, with the past two having experienced heavy purging.

I've noticed that I usually break out during the day and I'm trying to rule out if it's because of the tret or some other factor. I feel like with tret, if it is the reason why the breakouts are happening, then some residual effects are being carried out throughout the day that are the cause of the breakouts that happen during the day.

Is it usual to break out during the day? This is when I've noticed breakouts. At night it seems like breakouts are less severe.

MemberMember
(@lisa80)

Posted : 11/04/2016 2:48 pm

I too am on my 7th week of taking isotretinoin and have noticed after dermatologist upping my dose i have bad breakouts .Not noticing it at any particular times of the day just that the spots are red and inflammed and feel very sore and skin feels dry and itchy. Im sure once my body adjusts to the new dosage these breakouts will hopefully subside and the spots will dry up.
I just keep drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated like the dermatologist told me to and keep hoping for the best.