Notifications
Clear all

Itchy new pimples on accutane??

MemberMember
(@vegan_foreverything)

Posted : 10/22/2016 2:09 pm

Hi!
I started accutane on 60 mg in August 2016 and now im nearing the end of my third month. I didnt have an initial breakout. I started with forehead and t zone acne before going on accutane, but lately for the past 2 weeks or so, the side of cheek (around the cheekbone and jaw area close to the hairline), is itching like CRAZY. Its only on the right side, and every time it itches I try so hard to not respond but then i end up itching it cause it burns and i cant concentrate on anything else lol. So when I do itch, it cause these bumps and pimples all along the side of my face and they are all different sizes. Some have white heads and others are just bumps. I moisturize with the cerave moisturizing cream every morning and night, and i wash my face in the morning with spectro blemish prone skin gel, and at night with the dr bronners tea tree soap. I dont wear makeup and if i do its probably like 2 times a month. ive never had any problems on any other area besides my forehead and t zone and the TOPS of my cheek near the nose (never the side where the bumps are occurring now).
what the hell is going on????

MemberMember
(@hcolumbia)

Posted : 11/01/2016 8:25 pm

I'm on week 1 and I'm already itchy like crazy. Especially near dry patches around my nose and on my chin. Cerave cream is fine but I would throw out the Dr Bronners! That stuff is super drying and tea tree is a harsh antibacterial oil. It's likely the cause of the burning. I haven't heard of spectro gel but on accutane you should refrain from any and all acne topicals. Stick to cetaphil, cerave or vanicream brands. I have a post on my blog about my skincare routine, and althought you're a lot later in your journey it may help.

MemberMember
(@acnefighter27)

Posted : 11/02/2016 11:21 am

I was on accutane back in 2003 give it time it works itchy and flakyness is part of it use the simple brand moisturizer or cetaphil moisturizer & this helped me alot if you like to try it DefenseSoap containing all natural ingredients like teatree oil and eucalyptus tree found at [removed]