Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

So I started the regimen in May 2016. A friend recommended it to me. I did not have a lot of acne just a few pimples here and there. I was consistent for 3-4 months. Then I decided to stop. Then I had the biggest breakout of my life. I never broke out like this not even when I was going through puberty. Am I now stuck with using these products or is there a safe way to get off these products? They work well but i don't want to be dependent on them. Please someone help! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats one of my worries, i got very light acne and i just ordered 200$ worth of those products.
From what i   have read people only stay clear if they keep doing the regimen.
Its not that bad, but i know how you feel everyone wants to use the products get clear skin, and bam no more products!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Madgie said:

So I started the regimen in May 2016. A friend recommended it to me. I did not have a lot of acne just a few pimples here and there. I was consistent for 3-4 months. Then I decided to stop. Then I had the biggest breakout of my life. I never broke out like this not even when I was going through puberty. Am I now stuck with using these products or is there a safe way to get off these products? They work well but i don't want to be dependent on them. Please someone help! 

Exact same thing happened to me! When I stopped using the regimen, may face 100x worse!!!!!!!!!!! after finding a solution. I gave up BP. So no more BP for me because I would not want to use it for the rest of my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Regimen is just a treatment, so yeah the acne will return if you stop. I remember when I had my wisdom teeth taken out I kept skipping the Regimen because I was high on pain killers. Breakouts resulted, obviously. It's just something we have to live with unfortunately. I know it's inconvenient, but I take clear skin over that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One point: The Regimen does not cause product dependency, it merely stifles the symptoms until acne naturally resolves. When acne naturally resolves, you won't need the products to stay clear. Thought I'd clarify this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DeLovely said:

One point: The Regimen does not cause product dependency, it merely stifles the symptoms until acne naturally resolves. When acne naturally resolves, you won't need the products to stay clear. Thought I'd clarify this.

Thx.
But can you clarify one thing?
Can it cure really light acne? (pores are just clogged, sometimes turn red especially around nose but the size of the "acne" is always the same size as the pore (really tiny))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, uJiinD said:
Thx.
But can you clarify one thing?
Can it cure really light acne? (pores are just clogged, sometimes turn red especially around nose but the size of the "acne" is always the same size as the pore (really tiny))
For this I'd recommend a retinoid like tretinoin or Retin-A. Retinoids help purge pore clogs and keep pores open so the walls of the pores don't stick together and trap bacteria. Beware that you may see some purging (in the form of inflamed acne) but in the end they do a great job smoothing out rough bumps caused by pore clogs.

BTW there is no cure for acne, only treatment. Only when acne naturally resolves is it considered cured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah i want to stop because BP sucks a lot i hate to be frank, but it works so i have to use i wish i found something else that work because i really do hate BP but it's a love hate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I don't think BP can cure acne since it just kills the bacteria and unclogs your pores after you apply it. If you stop, the bacteria will come back and your pores are very likely to be clogged again. If you've grown out of acne, stopping BP will not result in any major changes; but if you are still acne prone due to some malfunctions of certain internal organs, acne will sure comeback because BP only alleviate the problem from without. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes

×