Notifications
Clear all

Help needed 🙁

MemberMember
(@pjames)

Posted : 10/03/2016 6:43 pm

Hello everyone!

I have been suffering from cystic acne along my jawline (as you can see in the picture) for about a year now. 
I was prescribed with 115mg solodyn, and I have been taking it for about 8 weeks now. 
While I do think the bumps on the right jawline feel slightly smaller, I haven't noticed any drastic changes in the sizes. 
I'm worried they will never disappear. If they will eventually go away, how long will it take? 

Lastly, I'm also experiencing red/brown marks from the earlier acne. Do you have any suggestions to how I should go about treating them?

How severe would you rate my acne?

thanks a lot! I look forward to hear from you (:

MemberMember
(@derek-c)

Posted : 10/06/2016 2:30 am

Hi pjames,

Unfortunately, I don't think myself or anyone here is really qualified to tell you what to do next. It's also hard to comment since there isn't a "before" pic. I'd say if you haven't seen real results after a good amount of time, go back to your doctor and ask him what the next step is.

Also, from years of seeing dermatologists and suffering from chronic acne, I'd say don't be afraid to try a new doctor. Even research doctors online and find ones with good reviews, etc. Sometimes dermatologists don't give you the attention they should, or run their practice like a conveyor belt, or continue to prescribe things that just aren't working. But I'd talk to your doctor, tell them your concerns, and see what they say. And if you continue to not see results, go to another doctor.

And be patient. We tend to panic when it comes to acne, but that NEVER helps. Best of luck!