Notifications
Clear all

Andrew: My Scars/Journey

MemberMember
(@bluerose)

Posted : 10/01/2016 1:23 pm

Hello there, my name is Andrew. I'm 22 years old, and I've been battling Acne on and off since I was 12 years old. In Middle school, had some facial acne, wasn't too drastic. I overcame that without scarring, through high-school it was primarily back acne, and a few whiteheads on my face. I thought all was
primarily well, and good till I moved to North Carolina in 2013. I then had a major breakout that I've battled up until recently. Past 3 years have been hell, I started out with the Dermatologist method, anti-biotics, shit like that, all of that just suppressed the problem, and made my next breakouts much worse. For the past year I've been going the natural route, eating better, cutting out synthetics, Genetically modified foods, and most meats; sticking to mainly alkaline Fruits, Berries, and melons. Overcoming this hump, I feel a lot better, but like most of you here, we have to deal with the scarring side-effect. That's why I joined this site. So, I'll begin chronicling my scars. Feel free to give me perspective about my scars, and tell me how you treated yours!

These pictures were taken a few days ago, I've been trying to grow out facial hair off and on. I have some bald patch problems in some places, but it's steadily improving. I find growing some facial hair helps with the scarring, I shave when I go through heavy exfoliation.

20160927_175334.jpg

20160927_175323.jpg

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 10/02/2016 12:55 am

Hi Andrew!

I am no expert on treating scars so i will skip that and leave it to one of the many helpful people on here to answer you but just wanted to say that your scars do not look bad at all to me. I know they probably look worse to you, we all think our flaws are really bad but as an outsider looking in your scars don't stand out dramatically at all.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 10/02/2016 12:59 am

Your scars are sooo mild. I'd do one or two 12-15% tca peels and dermastamping. Whatever you choose to do you'll have great results. Congrats on clear skin!

MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 10/02/2016 9:31 pm

Shave that facial hair bro and dont worry about the scars they are tiny

MemberMember
(@bluerose)

Posted : 10/03/2016 12:39 am

Thank you, I took those under the best lighting. In fact my Acne Scars look best when I'm in well lit areas, however here are some in different angles of light, They were much worse at one point, still improving.

23 hours ago, Kay24 said:

Your scars are sooo mild. I'd do one or two 12-15% tca peels and dermastamping. Whatever you choose to do you'll have great results. Congrats on clear skin!

Indeed, I feel compelled to try both of those methods. Little concerned with TCA peels, my skin hates anything too acidic. I have a dermaroller as well, but decided not to use that yet. I'll check out Dermastamping!

20160927_165636.jpg

20160914_215328.jpg

20160925_175750.jpg

20160925_175741.jpg