Notifications
Clear all

acne is ruining my life

MemberMember
(@str8papi)

Posted : 09/15/2016 1:02 am

hey, im new here, im a 16 year old male with severe nodular acnei started getting acne when i was in 9 grade, now in 11th, so my high school expirience has been total shit. i used to be such an outgoing guy, telling everyone to meet up, talking to a lot of girls with the best confidence ever !! i loved to smile and interact with people and teachers ad family but now im just counting the minutes till i get home... so i can lock myself in my room.i started accutane about a month ago but i have stopped due to a discomfort in the back of my head (would hurt when i lift weights or standing up for too long) and also due to partial loss of sensation in my penis. and i am so lost on what to do... ivetried, proactive,exposed,neutragena, aloe vera, a shit ton of home remedies n now acutane, n nothing workshope you gus can help..

MemberMember
(@roksanaroxy)

Posted : 09/15/2016 7:47 am

If I were you I would consider going to a dermatologist to be prescribed retinol which is basically similar to accutane but it's a topical :) there are virtually no side effects other than possible dry skin if you apply too much! I've tried retin-a before I took accutane and it worked wonderfully but I did not want to be stuck on a cream for the rest of my life. But yeah try retinol it's very very good!! And most importantly know that no one cares about your acne! I used to think people only stared at my acne when in reality no one has the time to be that judgemental :) 

MemberMember
(@str8papi)

Posted : 09/15/2016 5:15 pm

i did go to a dermatologist and he prescribed me accutane and i stopped bc of what happened but ill ask about that cream youre talking about on my next visit, but do you think controlling my diet would help any??

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 09/17/2016 6:58 am

For some people diet affects their acne. High glycemic index foods are shown to have effects on acne aggravation, as high blood sugar spikes insulin and causes an imbalance of hormones (don't quote me on that, but thats the way I understood it). Also, dairy can cause acne in some people.

I've tried a retinoid but it really didn't fully clear me up. Seeing as you have nodular acne, accutane would literally be the best option for you. But as you said, those effects aren't normal and it was a good idea that you stopped your treatment. If ever you get back on accutane, try a lower dose and see how you react. I'm on 20mg a day right now and I seem to be doing fine, although I'm only 5 days in. Best of luck man.