Notifications
Clear all

How to prevent scarring

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 09/12/2016 2:43 am

If you breakout what treatments will yield the best chance to prevent scarring after the breakouts  heal? I recently broke out on my chin, I have 5 active blemishes, and They have been active for 3 days now and I'm worried they might scar after they heal They might not look big on pictures but they are fairly sized and everytime I touch them I get the same feeling as if I was putting pressure on a bruise.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpegThe redness was because I been spot treating them with tea tree oil.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/12/2016 3:10 am

Deleted

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 09/12/2016 3:17 am

11 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

That looks likefolliculitis / staph in the hair follicles. Please have your derm test the pus liquid and send it to a lab to test for bacteria.

Its only 4 blemishes and I never get acne there it was just some random breakouts I got 3 days ago and 2 of them already dried out I doubt its folliculitis also some of the redness is from the tea tree oil.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 09/12/2016 4:15 am

That honestly doesn't look like its going to scar. Small blemishes like those won't scar unless you pick them aggressively, or unless your skin is EXTREMELY thin.

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 09/12/2016 4:32 am

11 minutes ago, Tretinoin said:

That honestly doesn't look like its going to scar. Small blemishes like those won't scar unless you pick them aggressively, or unless your skin is EXTREMELY thin.

Does a pimple have to be active a certain amout of time to cause scarring?

I dont pick at them I just apply tea tree oil and apply alcohol on them only reason I felt they might scar was because everytime I touch them it feels like Im pressing on a bruise could that be because the breakout is right above my jaw bone?

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 09/13/2016 11:43 pm

On September 12, 2016 at 5:32 PM, GuevaraBeats said:
Does a pimple have to be active a certain amout of time to cause scarring?

I dont pick at them I just apply tea tree oil and apply alcohol on them only reason I felt they might scar was because everytime I touch them it feels like Im pressing on a bruise could that be because the breakout is right above my jaw bone?

i believe the longer the pimple is there, the longer the dark spot will last afterwards. It would make sense that a longer lasting inflammation would be more likely to lead to scarring though

MemberMember
(@wrestlingacne)

Posted : 09/16/2016 4:49 pm

However If u accidendently popped a pimple immediately apply lemon juice scar will vanish trust me u can apply tea tree oil mixed with 1 ltablespoon of honey and lemon it will reduce the size of pimple in hours all the best