I need help with my...

Notifications
Clear all

I need help with my acne problem (pics included)

MemberMember
(@acnesteve1)

Posted : 08/29/2016 11:49 pm

I'm in my 20sand yet I still have acne and tiny bumps all over my face. It's quite frustrated, but i'm sure my situation is far from unique.

I was hoping someone here can help me determine what exactly I have and how to treat it.

[Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@tyler-r)

Posted : 09/03/2016 11:33 am

On 8/30/2016 at 10:49 AM, acnesteve1 said:

I'm in my 20sand yet I still have acne and tiny bumps all over my face. It's quite frustrated, but i'm sure my situation is far from unique.

I was hoping someone here can help me determine what exactly I have and how to treat it.

[Edited link out]

Do you have oily skin? It looks like most of your acne is comedonal, and results from under-the-skin bumps forming into pimples. I have this too. My skin is also porous and flaky like yours is. You should go to the dermatologist for the large bump on your chin and see if they will give you a hydrocortizone shot for it. That should help the swelling and inflammation, because as of now, that looks like it could take a long time to fully heal.

The rest of your acne should be treated with chemical exfoliants. I found they didn't work too well for me, but many people find success with them for treating closed comedones/blackheads, which is what you have. I currently use ACV, which you could try if you wanted. I would suggest a routine of BHA in the morning and AHA at night, after using a gentle cleanser. You would also need to use sunscreen during the day, and moisturizer would also help.

Closed comedones usually result from excess oily or dehydrated skin, so moisturizer is your friend. I like CeRave PM (I use during day).

Your skin will get worse at first with the chemical exfoliants because the bumps under your skin (white sacs you can see at certain light angles when skin is stretched) need to be pushed to the surface. Also, take a zinc supplement to help with the inflammatory acne. You can pick up a sulphur cream to use as a spot treatment on large bumps as well.

MemberMember
(@hader025)

Posted : 09/04/2016 4:17 pm

Have you ever triedRodan and Fields. I've personally been using them and have been loving it.