Notifications
Clear all

Help! Is Yasmin causing me to break out?

MemberMember
(@eden1997)

Posted : 08/29/2016 1:31 pm

Hello, I need some help, recently I've been breaking out really bad and need some advice, I'm not sure what sort of acne I have, I've. always had spots. here and there but I'm 20 now and my skin has never been worse, surely it's supposed to calm down by now :( ? 

Anyway im really unsure on what 'sort' of acne I hav' on my left side it's mostly on my cheek and on the right side it's on my cheek and in the centre of my face as well as the corner of my chin. and I always scar really badly no matter what sort of spot I'm having, these large break outs at the moment seem to be under the skin and really painful never really coming to a head. 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

As far as  skin care, I wash my face twice a day and use the clarisonic aria - I think that might have something to do with it? It's a shame because I really like using it and don't want to have to stop. I also have been on Yasmin bc for a month so think it could have something to do with that. A lot of people have said it gets worse before it gets better but not sure whether to just switch back to microgynon 30 as I have been on that before, I used to break out on it but never as bad as this. 

Any advice what be appreciated so confused as to what's causing this :(

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 09/06/2016 2:08 pm

Its takes about 3-4 months for your body to adjust to birth control. For me personally, I wouldnt use the clarisonic because thats a ton of irritation. 
I took yaz for about 9 months but it just made my acne worse :/

MemberMember
(@eli_g)

Posted : 09/06/2016 5:09 pm

I would immediately stop using the clarisonic. That sucker must have been to rough for my skin 'cause it broke me out when I used it. You should go back to your ob/gyn and request a different birth control. I used Ortho Tricyclen Lo and had no problems...it didn't keep me completely clear, but it controlled the acne a good bit...so it's possible it could work for you.

Do you use any other treatments besides your face wash? Benzoyl peroxide is really great for pimples. I also suggest a glycolic acid product (like a peel or a toner) and maybe a lightening cream that includes arbutin or kojic acid to help even skin tone.

MemberMember
(@elliepats)

Posted : 09/12/2016 12:15 pm

Im in the exact same situation. I've just completed a month on Yazmin and my skin is the worst it has ever been. I had really bad skin on Microgynon and the only pill that's ever worked for me is "Dianette" (but doc took me off due to the number of migraines I was having). So feeling pretty down but I believe you have to give it 3 months to see a difference.. So roll on November -praying for better skin.

I wrote a post and have pics of my skin if you want to compare?
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/362574-first-month-on-yasmin-pics/

MemberMember
(@eden1997)

Posted : 09/23/2016 4:05 pm

On 6 September 2016 at 11:09 PM, Eli_G said:

I would immediately stop using the clarisonic. That sucker must have been to rough for my skin 'cause it broke me out when I used it. You should go back to your ob/gyn and request a different birth control. I used Ortho Tricyclen Lo and had no problems...it didn't keep me completely clear, but it controlled the acne a good bit...so it's possible it could work for you.

Do you use any other treatments besides your face wash? Benzoyl peroxide is really great for pimples. I also suggest a glycolic acid product (like a peel or a toner) and maybe a lightening cream that includes arbutin or kojic acid to help even skin tone.

Thank you for your reply, I stopped using my clarisonic and have seen a bit of a improvement,. Although I at least get one new spot every day which I could deal with if I didn't have such bad pigmentation alongside the acne. I use aloe Vera as a toner but will have to give the peroxide a go and I had thought about glycolic  acid thank you for your advice :)