Notifications
Clear all

Nervous to tryout for cheerleading because I have acne...ADVICE!

MemberMember
(@paulinat)

Posted : 08/23/2016 5:59 pm

Hi! I have pretty bad skin (today is my second day on accutane) and I have a lot of red scarring that looks awful like acne + acne. I want to tryout for cheerleading but I am scared because I never even leave my house without having makeup on. I feel like I'm just going to be judged and that is really discouraging to me even though I really want to tryout, but I can't wear makeup to tryouts and if I make it in I won't be able to wear makeup to practice either and I just feel really nervous about that. Do you guys have any advice /:?

MemberMember
(@ironmotivation)

Posted : 08/23/2016 8:01 pm

Imagine yourself years from now, do you want to regret not trying out for it? I heard, "Most people regret not the things they do, but regret the things they DON'T do" so think about it for a second

MemberMember
(@supsarah)

Posted : 08/23/2016 8:14 pm

Is there a reason you aren't allowed to wear make-up to tryouts and during practice?

Either way, I understand how scary that can be. My skin was really horrible about a year ago, and I couldn't imagine leaving the house without make-up. I wouldnt wear it when I'd go to the beach, but I'd feel so self conscious. My advice to you would be to go for it, just like IronMotivation said above! Years from now you'll regret not trying. I know it's easier said than done. If you're that nervous and uncomfortable, maybe try and wear a tinted moisturizer since that's technically not make-up!

MemberMember
(@paulinat)

Posted : 08/24/2016 4:59 pm

20 hours ago, IronMotivation said:

Imagine yourself years from now, do you want to regret not trying out for it? I heard, "Most people regret not the things they do, but regret the things they DON'T do" so think about it for a second

Yeah you're right thank you!

20 hours ago, supsarah said:

Is there a reason you aren't allowed to wear make-up to tryouts and during practice?

Either way, I understand how scary that can be. My skin was really horrible about a year ago, and I couldn't imagine leaving the house without make-up. I wouldnt wear it when I'd go to the beach, but I'd feel so self conscious. My advice to you would be to go for it, just like IronMotivation said above! Years from now you'll regret not trying. I know it's easier said than done. If you're that nervous and uncomfortable, maybe try and wear a tinted moisturizer since that's technically not make-up!

Thank you! And I can't wear makeup during practice and tryouts not because we're not aloud but because I'm sure my skin is going to get worse if I do because I will be sweating a lot and stuff and my makeup will probably be sweated off by the anyways and I think it would just feel so gross to try working out during practice and giving it my best while having makeup on even if it is tinted moisturizer I don't think that would be good for my skin either

supsarah liked
MemberMember
(@psychedelicate)

Posted : 08/25/2016 2:18 am

As someone who also has some scarring and PIH I can say that it's not as bad as it looks. Remember that what you are seeing and how harshly you are judging yourself isn't what everyone else is seeing/feeling. I recommend going to the tryouts and projecting your best qualities. Yes, cheerleaders can be ruthless but if you're projecting your best self then your personality will ultimately win!

All the best!

MemberMember
(@paulinat)

Posted : 08/26/2016 4:53 pm

On 8/25/2016 at 1:18 AM, psychedelicate said:

As someone who also has some scarring and PIH I can say that it's not as bad as it looks. Remember that what you are seeing and how harshly you are judging yourself isn't what everyone else is seeing/feeling. I recommend going to the tryouts and projecting your best qualities. Yes, cheerleaders can be ruthless but if you're projecting your best self then your personality will ultimately win!

All the best!

Thank you I did end up going to tryouts yesterday and it wasn't as bad as I thought !