Crazy oily skin and...

Notifications
Clear all

Crazy oily skin and forehead bumps - Advice!

MemberMember
(@rosa12345)

Posted : 08/20/2016 9:50 am

I'm new to this forum and I'm sure this is something that has come up again and again and again...

I have searched on forums for a long long time in order to find some new remedy that might help my oily skin...alas I have never found my miracle cure.

I have had excessively oily skin since about the age of 11, and when I say excessive I don't mean just a bit of shine, I mean like...I've never met anybody with skin as oily as mine. People have commented on it in the past, which is hurtful...as it's something I have tried to combat for years on end.

I am fully aware of the general advice often given for this problem;
- 'your skin is dehydrated', my skin is by no means dehydrated any more than the average Joe's, I have a strict moisturising routine and my skin shows no other symptoms of dehydration. It is not dry, flakey or tight, sallow or dull at all.
-diet; I eat a well balanced, healthy diet and have tried lengthy periods of cutting out inflammatory foods, none of which seemed to make any obvious difference. have also tried different supplements for lengthy periods, again with no change in the oiliness of my skin.
-skincare routine is wrong; I am one of those unlucky people that struggled for a long time finding the right products for my skin. I use a very delicate routine, of manuka honey cleanser, followed by a calming aloe vera toner and moisturiser. I also use Differin 0.1% gel nightly accompanied by 200mg Trimethoprim 2x daily and have done so for approximately 4 months. I have read a lot about the benefits of using oils on the skin, and used to use rosehip oil for a long time, and also tried Hydraluron serum but again I found no obvious benefit from either. I also went through a period of regularly using clay masks, but I actually found this too dehydrating, and when used less often I saw no difference in my skin.

Clog-wise my skin is ok, I get a couple on the cheeks but persistently get them on my forehead - particularly in summer. I rarely wear foundation, but when I do this seems to make no difference to the number of clogged pores.

My dermatologist has suggested this oiliness is just my genetic make up and it's one of those things...which was an incredibly disappointing answer! I have read a hell of a lot about the homronl influences of oily skin and acne, but am afraid to try anything that may alter my hormones in case things go horribly wrong!

If anyone has any suggestions, anything they found successful in clearing the forehead bumps permanently I'd really appreciate it!

MemberMember
(@progressnotperfection)

Posted : 08/20/2016 10:27 am

I dealt with a similar issue last year where I had literally hundreds of bumps on my forehead! It felt like Braille and never went away after months and months. I posted a topic on my experience and how I finally got rid of them. Let me know if it works for you! http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/360641-tiny-bumps-that-dont-go-away-it-may-be-pf/