Notifications
Clear all

How do you do YOUR skin care regimen?

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 08/09/2016 8:46 am

I am just curious to see how other people do their regimens. What order do you do apply your products? How do you apply them? How long do you wait in between each step?

Any big mistakes you've made and learned to avoid? Any helpful tips you've learned?

MemberMember
(@sosickofzitz)

Posted : 08/24/2016 8:27 pm

I follow something similar to the recommended regimen on here. I used proactive or some generic form of it since i was in 6th grade on and off and have never had an issue with multiple steps. I am now 25 and am not thrilled to still be dealing with breakouts and oily skin that is now prone to aging and being sensitive. I use a cleanser(cetaphil), a spot or breakout prone area treatment (currently BP from here, but I am testing a salicylic acid product on my forehead) and am trying to find a good moisturizer (no luck yet!). I also just started incorporating a clarisonic every 2 to 3 days since I get awful flakes and that rugby dry skin. I do not wait long inbetween steps, it dries me out and causes more irritation. my biggest issue is that I don't give things time to work. I freak and stop using stuff If it looks worse the next day. also, my skin is very dehydrated from stripping it for years and using really harsh stuff, so I'd recommend being a bit nice to your skin and babying it.

MemberMember
(@kenharrison)

Posted : 08/24/2016 8:56 pm

i do nada dame thing lol not anymore stuff doesn't help not matter what the hell i do , when i do nothin for my skin its heals.... while im fighting my acne from the inside... good luck 2 you

MemberMember
(@icogito)

Posted : 08/24/2016 9:44 pm

I was on Accutane twice, but still have sensitive skin, breakouts here and there, scarring..etc

I wash my face with any good cleanser in the shower - African Black Soap, Rosehip Cleanser, or Clean&Clear yellow one, and always follow with Mandelic Acid toner, or Miscellar Water. Then I dry my face, and use tiny bit of peptide serum-some Korean brand, then Tarte's Maracuja OIl (I also use Rosehip oil or Black Seed oil instead of Maracuja sometimes). Right before I go to bed, I apply CeRave lotion. I am at the age where I should use anti-wrinkle creams, or at least prevention. But my skin is so sensitive, I just gave up on anti-wrinkle products and try to go as gentle as I can.In the morning I use one of the toners again, then apply Vit C serum, if I will be out in the Sun, I apply La Roche Posay sunscreen fluid. Once a week- Mandelic Acid peel, Pumpkin Peel. I use Laneige Sleeping Mask a couple times a week. I guess that is it. I try to switch it all up. I heard your skin gets used to its skincare. Like instead of Vit C, I will get plain Hyuluronic Acid serum- it is great. Or instead of CeRave, I might use Laneige Balancing Emulsion. I find products that work for me, and switch them around once a year.

MemberMember
(@sa-man-duh)

Posted : 12/29/2016 10:49 am

i use purifying Cucumber and Witch Hazel makeup remover wipes than wet my face with lukewarm water. Once my face is wet enough, I use my CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser to remove any residue and once more for extra clean skin. I use my Amore Pacific Enzyme Peel every other day, after that I wait 15 minutes till my face dries. I then put on ACNE.ORG Benzoyl Peroxide cream, massage that into my skin for three minutes, and wait for 15 mintues. After the 15 mintues, I use my ACNE.ORG Moisturizer (one pump), AHA Cream (one pump), and five drops of Organic Jojoba Oil. I massage these for 3 minutes and its off to bed!

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 12/29/2016 6:07 pm

In the morning I cleanse with Phytomer Accept Cleanser and follow with a dab of Clinique Acne bar on my Clarisonic (radiance head). I follow with Phytomer Flawless skin tonic (toner). I wait for 5 to 10 mins before moisturizer and makeup.
At night I remove my make up with Clinique Foaming rinse off cleanser and then wash with the acne bar again. I use either Witch Hazel or PTR Max Complexion Correction pads (not both) and then spot treat where needed...I switch off with Phytomer Target gel, or Mario Badescu Drying lotion.
Something I learned to avoid a looong time ago that still holds true. Don't put any moisturizers or makeup on too soon after washing/toning. It's just asking for a breakout. Let the skin cool and the pores close first, then add moisturizers, etc.

MemberMember
(@cons)

Posted : 12/29/2016 7:04 pm

I just started using the acne.org regimen a week ago. I follow the instructions very specifically. Cleanser, Benzoyl Peroxide, Moisturiser. It's been great so far. I lather two pumps of cleanser in my hands for 10 seconds until its super rich then i glide it gently over my face for 10 seconds then wash. Once I pat dry and wait about a minute until completely dry, I apply one pump of Benzoyl peroxide. My fingers dont even touch my face, I let the product do the work. Once that's dry (about 3 minutes) I apply 2 pumps of the moisturiser and a generous amount of Jojoba oil because I know my skin will get dry from the BP if I don't moisturise intensely.

Before this I was using the Vichy Normaderm line. It had such a fresh scent and was so light and hydrating. Nothing was harsh at all. I would use my spin brush maybe 3 times a week because I felt anything more than that was irritating me too much, other than that I cleansed with my hands. Then I would use their toner which was AMAZING. Finally, I would use about 3 pumps of the moisturiser and 3-4 drops of Tea Tree Oil. It has to be 100% natural though. Some brands only have 15% tea tree oil in it. Twice a week I would use the Aztec Indian Healing Clay mask mixed with Apple Cider Vinegar for 20-30 minutes. The rest of the days I switched to masks like honey and mint or honey, lemon, Greek yogurt and turmeric. I ALWAYS remove makeup first and I use coconut oil because you can be so gentle on the face and it will just slide off.