Notifications
Clear all

Pretty without acne***1 YEAR UPDATE***

MemberMember
(@boohoobaby)

Posted : 08/07/2016 6:34 pm

(Update: Only not even 3 months of using this regimen!!!! 100% recommend these life changing products!)
I found this forum and created an account just to vent because I am simply too utterly embarrassed to speak about my biggest insecurity to anyone face to face, I would just burst into tears seeing as I'm already ready eyed writing this. I'm 18 and I go through heartache on the daily trying to deal and cope with my moderate/severe acne and scars. It may seem like stupid thing to let control your every move but that's literally what my life has come to, acne controlling me. I can't even go out to my own backyard and take my dog out to pee without being self concious worrying about who I will burden with my disgusting face. I always think to myself if I had clear skin my self esteem and confidence would go up 100%. I pray to even know what it feels like to have normal skin for one day, even 30 seconds.. It has completely consumed what are supposed to be the best years of my life. It plays a huge roll in my depression and anxiety and I cry every day because of how ugly I feel. I've tried almost every topical medicine out there but it always comes back to haunt me. I know I'm a pretty girl and I have so much potential to do whatever I want but my acne takes that away from me and stops me from being the social, friendly, happy girl I know and used to be. I don't even turn on lights in my house when friends are over in hopes of looking better without light shining on my failed attemp at covering the many flaws on my face. It makes me feel like a complete degenerate and less of a person than one with clear skin. My mind is always assuming what people think while they're looking at me , which is the same thing I think when I see my reflection- disgusting and vulgar, exactly what acne is . I am my acne, and there seems to be no hope. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_4355.JPG

Snapchat-1149025334.jpg

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 08/08/2016 4:20 am

The better days will come. You just need to hang in there. My mind worked very much like urs from the age of 20 - 30 where every thought was consumed with acne thoughts. My acne is still pretty bad but I've learnt how to deal with those thoughts better and don't let it affect me as much.

btw my sister had that the same type of acne as you, but she got rid of it with birthday control pills. she's been acne free for 12 years and still takes it to this day. Have u tried that?

MemberMember
(@banban)

Posted : 08/08/2016 4:23 am

I completely understand how you feel. I hate waking up everyday and looking in the mirror to find new breakouts just when others have just healed. One thing that helps me is that when i go out in public i never notice anyone with acne but one time i actually looked closely at the people i went past and interacted with and guess what their skin had imperfections too! It helps to realise no one is looking at you THAT closely and that gives me comfort. You cant let acne coop you up (something i need to work on too). Recently ive been going out in public without makeup and i felt anxious but i also felt good giving my face a break from makeup.i havnt worn makeup for month and it feels good.

If topicals don't help its time to go back to the doctors and dermatologist and be forward on what you want to do next. But dont give up and try not to stress.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 08/08/2016 3:47 pm

Hi there, this is a good place as we all know how acne can mess up your life. Acne sucks but there are treatments that can work for you.
My suggestion is to go to a gynecologist and get your hormones assessed, most acne is from hoirmonal imbalances+ inflammation.
I've been on my hormonal birth control yaz and spironolactone for am most 4 months and my skin is so improved!
Sorry you are going through this, you are still worthy and I think you will get help finding a solution on here.

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 08/08/2016 4:25 pm

So you wanna hear something funny? The first thing I actually thought when I looked at your photos was, "Oh my god, I would kill for her nose!" You literally have the most beautiful nose I've ever seen. And every time I scroll up and look at your photos, that's still the first thing I notice. The second thing is your amazing bone structure. You're right, you are EXTREMELY pretty. Like it or not, your acne will never change that. You may be a Pretty Girl who happens to have acne, but you'll always be a Pretty Girl first. So get used to it, kid ;) 

MemberMember
(@sadscar)

Posted : 08/08/2016 5:33 pm

I know exactly how you feel! I wish so badly that we can all have clear skin... it'd be amazing, and we'd feel amazing and look amazing and life would be amazing.. My acne and scars are like yours but worse :/ a lot worse :(

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 08/08/2016 7:14 pm

I'm really sorry. I had a really bad break out when I was 18, two years ago, and my face looked like yours for almost a year. The breakout happened during my first semester of college, so that really sucked. I had to start wearing makeup during that first semester to hide all of the redness from previous pimples(I'm a guy so it was embarrassing). I stopped wearing makeup before my sophomore year because my skin had recovered well enough.

But I spent my entire sophomore year worrying about my acne scars(indentations), so that was a complete waste of a college year.

Now I'm about to start my junior year and I'm battling acne again, it started this summer. But I saw a dermatologist really quickly this time so hopefully these antibiotics and tretinoin work.

Im also a good looking person without acne and acne scars, I really am. And like you, it takes away all of my self worth.

MemberMember
(@boohoobaby)

Posted : 08/08/2016 7:16 pm

2 hours ago, SkinDeeply said:

So you wanna hear something funny? The first thing I actually thought when I looked at your photos was, "Oh my god, I would kill for her nose!" You literally have the most beautiful nose I've ever seen. And every time I scroll up and look at your photos, that's still the first thing I notice. The second thing is your amazing bone structure. You're right, you are EXTREMELY pretty. Like it or not, your acne will never change that. You may be a Pretty Girl who happens to have acne, but you'll always be a Pretty Girl first. So get used to it, kid ;) 

Thank you so much this made my night xoxox

2 minutes ago, acne scar obsession said:

I'm really sorry. I had a really bad break out when I was 18, two years ago, and my face looked like yours for almost a year. The breakout happened during my first semester of college, so that really sucked. I had to start wearing makeup during that first semester to hide all of the redness from previous pimples(I'm a guy so it was embarrassing).  I stopped wearing makeup before my sophomore year because my skin had recovered well enough. 

But I spent my entire sophomore year worrying about my acne scars(indentations), so that was a complete waste of a college year. 

Now I'm about to start my junior year and I'm battling acne again, it started this summer. But I saw a dermatologist really quickly this time so hopefully these antibiotics and tretinoin work. 

Im also a good looking person without acne and acne scars, I really am. And like you, it takes away all of my self worth.

I want to thank you all for the feedback it really helps me to realize no one is alone in this struggle and there is always going to be someone to talk to and understand ¤ï¸