Notifications
Clear all

Candida - The underlying cause of my Acne?

MemberMember
(@acnereallyblows)

Posted : 08/06/2016 8:08 am

I'll try and keep this short.

Have had cystic acne for 10 years tried everything except accutane which I refuse to take. Same story for most people on here. I'm now 26 with cystic acne.

So in the past the only thing that has ever stopped acne is eating healthy low GI foods, the instant I would have sugar or something processed. a new cyst would start to form.

so recently I noticed I had the candida thrush on the back of my tongue yet I'm not sure how long it's been there, could be years. I researched and know that I have been on antibiotics in short periods of time (not very often but a decent amount of times for various reasons) so I began trying to treat candida.

Ive been sticking to the candida diet faithfully (and remember I never broke out when I would cut out sugars or basically any unhealthy food) and then I started taking candex to kill the candida. So now three weeks in and I have been breaking out in cystic acne. So I know this is because of. the die off of candida being killed and toxins released through my skin.

My my main question to anyone is, since I'm seeing cysts through the die off does that mean candida is the underlying cause of my previous cystic acne?

i am hoping this is the case lol but I just want to see what you all think

MemberMember
(@intothewild)

Posted : 08/06/2016 8:24 am

I thought candida was the cause of mine for a while but when I tried to fight it I ended up making things worse for a while. I went on a candida diet and ended up losing way too much weight from it. About 7 months into the diet I was religiously avoiding certain foods and my acne was probably the worst it has ever been. I really don't know what to believe when it comes to candida, so much conflicting information out there. All I know is that maintaining a healthy weight, and eating a balanced diet was the best thing for me. Literally as soon as I started eating grains and carbs again my acne calmed down DRAMATICALLY. Very weird. Anyway If you attempt to fight off the "candida" or if that is really the issue behind your acne just don't let it turn into an eating disorder like what happened to me.

MemberMember
(@acnereallyblows)

Posted : 08/06/2016 8:30 am

Yeah I try to eat carbs in the form of quinoa or real oatmeal. I can manage the diet I just want to know if it's worth it since it takes a while to cure. Your acne probably got worse because you were killing the candida overgrowth maybe? Anyway I wish I knew if actually ridding my body of the candida overgrowth would allow me in the future to eat whatever I want (and drink as many beers as I want lol) and not worry about breaking out.