Notifications
Clear all

Should I be upset about only having like 5 small pimples??

MemberMember
(@skyedavis)

Posted : 08/04/2016 7:39 pm

This is my first topic on here so hi!
I started getting acne in the 7th grade before all my friends. The reason why I think I got acne was because i wore a bit of foundation at that age to hide my dark eye circles because of my insecurities. Then i started wearing it on my entire face which probably clogged up my pores. I had really bad acne and I did not know my makeup was causing it. I wish someone had told me makeup causes acne because i was about 12 years old and of course did not know. From 7th to 9th grade i had to suffer with acne and it made me really depressed. I barely wanted to go out but if i did I wore makeup. After doing my research over the summer before school started (high school) I bought non-comedogenic and dermatologist tested makeup......that somewhat helped because i stopped getting big ones. I would remember getting pimples that I messed around with and then they sort of became an "open pimple". Tenth grade my acne got better but barely. Now its summer break and school starts on September 6th. I keep seeing all these pretty girls on instagram wearing makeup and having no acne and then the girls who dont wear makeup and dont have acne either. I have scars on my face and then literally (i counted) less than ten small pimples on my face and i know i shouldnt be complaining and others have it wayyyy worse but still im a teen girl and ugh this sucks. My brother used to have acne worse than me but it went away when he turned 18. Im 16 and a half and hope the same thing happens to me. He eats whatever he wants and still gets no pimples yet it was really bad before that. My diet consists of drinking only water, no dairy, no junk food, no fast food basically anything unhealthy. I haven eaten anything "bad" in forever and im 16. I have a total of 6 spots on my face right now, alot of back acne and scars on my face and back and sometimes i get acne on my legs and bu**. My dermatologist prescribed be minocycline but i read online that it makes acne worse so im not taking it. And she said if it doesnt work shes going to prescribe me accutane. BUT NOPE I DONT WANT TO GO ON THAT JUNK. It will make my acne worse and im 100% sure i would commit suicide like i cant handle a few spots on my face you think i can handle it all over my face??? No. And plus people that have tried it say it sometimes doesnt work or the acne comes back with a vengeance. So no thanks. I am mostly just venting i guess. Oh and from drinking all the water i drink i went from 115 pounds to about 105 or less i havent checked. In the morning i wash my face with a benzoyl peroxide 10% wash and the Panoxyl wash and in the afternoon i wash my face with the Panoxyl again and the benzoyl and Panoxyl before bed then i leave tea tree oil on my face overnight. Throughout the day I watch my diet and drink four bottles of water. I am going to see my dermatologist at the end of this month. I plan on buying the dermalogica foundation and setting powder for my acne ( http://www.dermablend.com/smooth_liquid_camo_foundation.html?dwvar_smooth__liquid__camo__foundation_color=SLFoundation_Sepia ) ( http://www.dermablend.com/setting-powder/loose_setting_powder.html?dwvar_loose__setting__powder_color=Original ) which do not cause acne and provide coverage better than two times of a regular foundation and its tested. [Edited link out] is my instagram with my pictures of me with makeup

MemberMember
(@psychedelicate)

Posted : 08/04/2016 9:38 pm

I think you look beautiful, to be completely honest with you.

MemberMember
(@skyedavis)

Posted : 08/05/2016 11:13 am

13 hours ago, psychedelicate said:

Aw thank you but ugh just so depressed and jealous of all those pimpleless people

MemberMember
(@psychedelicate)

Posted : 08/05/2016 12:30 pm

1 hour ago, SkyeDavis said:
14 hours ago, psychedelicate said:

Aw thank you but ugh just so depressed and jealous of all those pimpleless people

I have about three active pimples and a few faded pimples. I was in a terrible mood when they were all active. It's nothing to fret about now, though.

MemberMember
(@sadnesssss)

Posted : 08/05/2016 1:49 pm

Girl please...idk why u are here.. you look like the perfect instagram girl with extrem flawless face .. Why u talk about scarring? You don't have any ideea what acne is.. You want to hear the fact you are beautiful?Yes , you are very beautiful , I won t lie you . Also if you really want some help post here close pics with your face without makeup . Try to post the worst photos you can find in your opinion . Peace and love :)

MemberMember
(@skyedavis)

Posted : 08/05/2016 10:24 pm

Thanks for the advice and tomorrow I will post pictures of me without makeup....thanks

MemberMember
(@sosickofzitz)

Posted : 08/05/2016 11:00 pm

Hey! I'm mucholder than you (24) and still have skin problems. they started when i was in sixth grade and never really went away. It makes me sick that I have friends who don't even wash their face and literally have baby skin! in the scheme of things pimples aren't that bad, you'll outgrow it most likely and it can always be worse. but you are entitled to feeling icky about it. I have no visible pimples but my skin is bumpy like sandpaper and looks awful in bad light. most people don't even notice until I point it out. but I've literally cried over it on occasion. i avoid going out sometimes and talking to people. but it's ok! just cosmetic really (unless you get those awful painful ones, now those are something to get a bit depressed over, but at least they aren't permanent and you can treat them!)

MemberMember
(@skyedavis)

Posted : 08/06/2016 5:51 am

6 hours ago, sosickofzitz said:

Hey! I'm much older than you (24) and still have skin problems. they started when i was in sixth grade and never really went away. It makes me sick that I have friends who don't even wash their face and literally have baby skin! in the scheme of things pimples aren't that bad, you'll outgrow it most likely and it can always be worse. but you are entitled to feeling icky about it. I have no visible pimples but my skin is bumpy like sandpaper and looks awful in bad light. most people don't even notice until I point it out. but I've literally cried over it on occasion. i avoid going out sometimes and talking to people. but it's ok! just cosmetic really (unless you get those awful painful ones, now those are something to get a bit depressed over, but at least they aren't permanent and you can treat them!)

Yeah you're right, thank you :)

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 08/06/2016 7:13 am

No, you shouldn't be upset about it. Five pimples doesn't count as acne. Having like 50 of them on a cheek is something different though. It really needs to be intense to be called acne. I have it all over my body. My face is alright at the moment, but sometimes there is an outbreak. My face doesn't look as bad as it used to be. I still struggle with acne on the rest of my body. Especially on my back, breast, butt and legs.

SkyeDavis liked
MemberMember
(@skyedavis)

Posted : 08/06/2016 3:54 pm

8 hours ago, AlexanderJ86 said:

No, you shouldn't be upset about it. Five pimples doesn't count as acne. Having like 50 of them on a cheek is something different though. It really needs to be intense to be called acne. I have it all over my body. My face is alright at the moment, but sometimes there is an outbreak. My face doesn't look as bad as it used to be. I still struggle with acne on the rest of my body. Especially on my back, breast, butt and legs.

But you look good.....i dont

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 08/07/2016 3:38 am

11 hours ago, SkyeDavis said:
20 hours ago, AlexanderJ86 said:

But you look good.....i dont

From what I see from your picture, you look good as well. Maybe you should upload more photos.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/05/2016 1:44 am

I love scrolling through instagram but all those flawless people make me feel bad about my own skin as well. My acne has been getting better lately, but I also just got like 5 new ones on my forehead over the weekend (: