Notifications
Clear all

What do I do??

MemberMember
(@acnesucks321)

Posted : 08/05/2016 3:50 pm

I'm 14 years old and have been dealing with severe acne since the 4th grade. I'm going into highschool and my acne is worse than ever. All of my friends that have "acne" have one or two spots but my problem area is my ENTIRE face. I've tried every over the counter product and even prescription products but nothing works. My current treatment has dried out my skin so bad that it flakes off. I start school next week and my makeup routine is very light but I allways end up with a DISCUSTING skin texture and flakes of skin sitting on my face. But on top of that, somehow my skin still is able to get oily and create MORE acne??? What do I do?!!
I don't even want to leave the house anymore. I feel so defeated. Please help me.

MemberMember
(@psychedelicate)

Posted : 08/05/2016 5:07 pm

If you have dry skin and acne then be sure to moisturize! Trust me, don't neglect a good moisturizer. Are you on the regimen?

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 08/05/2016 6:23 pm

You will get through this. It might be difficult right now, but in a short time you can be clear and looking better than ever.

Schedule a dermatologist appointment as soon as possible and when you see your derm explain to him that you've tried practically everything and your severe acne wont go away. After this he should prescribe you isotretinoin.

Isotretinoin, or accutane, is for people with severe, stubborn acne. The medicine can be dangerous but its safe and appropriate for the majority of people that take it. By appropriate I mean the benefits easily outweigh the small risk of a bad reaction occurring while on the drug. It stops acne by impairing your oil glands, reducing sebum production dramatically, so your pores dont clog.